Too Many Traders Are Cry Babies...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MarketAddict, Aug 17, 2019.

1. There are too many traders that are cry babies in this world. They have the "If I can't do it then it can't be done" mentality. They say things like "it's impossible", "the market is random", " there's no way someone can trade full time" blah blah blah.. Guess what? Just like Garvy V says - No one cares!!..

People think that the market is not a business and they can come in the market and make money right away LOL.. Good luck! You are going against billionaires, millionaires, scientist, math wizards, pros, insiders and more..

There are many reasons why trading is hard in the beginning.. First, you have to unlearn a lot of beliefs that you learned from society.. We were taught that winning is good and losing is bad in our society... But in trading, losing is part of the game and most traders can't handle it and do revenge trading because of it..

There are plenty of people who trades full time so please stop crying.. Nobody cares and nobody said it would be easy. So you can either quit or put in the necessary work to be successful!

Peace!

2. dozu888

dozu888

lol I just wrote in a different thread telling a newbie don't do it...

ok I know what you mean, perhaps some people are cry babies....

but there is also another angle.. life as a whole is also a trade, then the question is what's the high probability play... I know people who are profitable doing short term trades, but I still tell newbies don't do it.... why... because it's not a percentage play.

smallfil, trader99 and volpri like this.
  3. volpri

volpri

Yep you have to get REALLY good short-term trading by mastering techniques and practicing them over and over before going live and putting your money at risk. And on top of that you have to prepare yourself psychologically. You can master the techniques down to a “T” and can’t deal with the psychological end of it and blow an account. You have to really prepare yourself all around to enter the world of scalping and short-term daytrading.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    smallfil and speedo like this.
  4. Amahrix

Amahrix

You should read Black Swan by Nassim Taleb & Fooled By Randomness.

5. dozu888

dozu888

why

6. speedo

speedo

"Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt those doing it."....Chinese Proverb

7. Amahrix

Amahrix

The whole life is a trade example reminded me of it. I think you’ll like the books. Plus his books are must read for all traders. They’re missing out a lot of key insights by choosing not to read them.

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

You could also win the lottery by playing every week. Just please don’t quit your day job until you hit it.

SimpleMeLike, legionx and traderob like this.
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.
    ~ Marcus Aurelius

if you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
    ~ Marcus Aurelius

S-Trader, legionx, KeLo and 2 others like this.
  10. dozu888

dozu888

That proverb shit is made up lol. And even if it was not made up it’s still BS. which is why we have AA and drug rehab to tell you don’t do it. And you might argue how dare you compare daytrading to drugs. Let me tell you considering the opportunity cost the damage to you financial health is comparable to drugs damage to physical health.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    #10     Aug 17, 2019
    taowave likes this.