Too many Doomsday predictions for there to be one.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Sep 1, 2005.

1. nassau

nassau

I like your approach, nothing wrong with a debate or fun.
    In school the teacher us to make us take the opposite to see if we could persuade others to a side you did not believe in.

You can almost always find data to support both.

I have no problem with anyone posting as much as they like.
    Who knows you could even be that first spark for that reversal we hear or need on a daily bases to make our daily bread.

w

#11     Sep 1, 2005
  2. I nailed today on the head again. Look at all the shorts in the market, how else can you explain this?

#12     Sep 1, 2005
  3. bingo $$

100% up room to go now that "Fed is FINISHED"

#13     Sep 1, 2005
  4. capmac

capmac

That's why it is so easy to make money in this market, just buy the dips. There will be no crash, no tank, etc. This is like taking candy from a kid. The 'powers that be' will not let this market go down, period. So why fight it?

This is a new paradigm folks, manipulated markets.

Get use to it...

#14     Sep 1, 2005
  5. How much are you up today?

#15     Sep 1, 2005
  6. Steve why do you continue to compare yourself to me. If you dont enjoy my posts, just put me on your ignore list.

Happy trading.

#16     Sep 1, 2005
  7. Obviously, they are waiting for my 4 ES contracts to start the avalanche that will take SP down to 800... or something...:D :D

Things like that are commonly known under the name of the butterfly effect. That's the chaos theory. It helps sell books on trading strategies that have nothing to do with the chaos theory.

#17     Sep 1, 2005
  8. Raleigh - THE TWO MAJOR PIPELINES THAT FURNISH GASOLINE TO MANY STATES, INCLUDING NORTH CAROLINA, HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY HURRICANE KATRINA AND ARE CURRENTLY WITHOUT ELECTRICITY. THEY SERVICE NORTH CAROLINA AND 8-10 OTHER STATES.

90 PERCENT OF OUR GAS COMES FROM THESE PIPELINES AND RIGHT NOW THEY ARE NOT OPERATIONAL.

http://http://www.governor.state.nc.us/News_FullStory.asp?id=2404

#18     Sep 1, 2005
  9. I have to admit, I have no clue as to what is going on. crazy stuff..major adustments to katrina still manifesting in various sectors. dumping tech, buying houses (and its attendant raw materials) is all i can gather.

#19     Sep 1, 2005
  10. What market are you looking at? Plenty going around in currencies, metals, bonds. Those things called stocks don't open til 9:30, I think.

:D

#20     Sep 1, 2005