Too broke to get a divorce?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Dec 23, 2008.

1. I lot of things change, a lot of people change.

#11     Dec 23, 2008
  2. gucci

gucci

#12     Dec 23, 2008
  3. Nope. In the Orthodox ceremony the priest says all that during the looooongest marriage ceremony in the modern world and the bride and groom's agreement is implied the fact that they don't flee the ceremony.

#13     Dec 23, 2008
  4. New Post 12-23-08 12:15 PM

Quote from gnome:

Isn't that what you promise in the marriage ceremony?

(Too bad you didn't get married in the Greek church... you don't say anything at all... including "I do".)

Nope. In the Orthodox ceremony the priest says all that during the looooongest marriage ceremony in the modern world and the bride and groom's agreement is implied the fact that they don't flee the ceremony.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Been there done that. 50 YEARS IN OCT.
    KALA CHRISTUGENA

#14     Dec 23, 2008
  5. I don't think as a general rule that the human animal is designed to stay with the same mate for longer then it takes to reproduce and raise children. At least our genes don't have that experience because our relationships are based on when the life expectancy was only 25 years. I say this because we still have stone age genes running the show.

#15     Dec 23, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Implied, imschmeid... I never promised NOTHING!

#16     Dec 23, 2008

7. Yeah....um, let's actually try to examine "stone age" genes.

I'll start with, how many years did it take to go from neodrathal to modern humans? Try a good 50 million years. By 10 million BC we had modern humans. So, we can expect some quantum leap in human intelligence in 40 million AD if we're still around.

Anyway, not that I'll be around to see that, but, just in case, I wouldn't hold my breath for stone age genes to go away.

#17     Dec 23, 2008
  8. ammo

ammo

reproduction gene is in all living things,marriage is a human invention,i think when mary and joseph got married ,circa o ad or bc,they just agreed to spend their life together and a wedding was a party that the wealthy thru to celebrate,i dont think there was a contract

#18     Dec 23, 2008
  9. Point is natual selection has only had 100 years to work with humans who have lived longer then 40 years on average.

#19     Dec 23, 2008
  10. Point is that the humans that survive are the ones who create the gene pool for the future.

Humans who had mates were more successful in raising offspring to reproduction age thus passing along their genes.

Humans who were orientated toward relationships had more offspring that survived to pass along genes. Problem is those relationships only lasted 5-10 years and that is what is in our gene memory.

Everything humans do at the instinctual level is all about survival of the species.

John

#20     Dec 23, 2008