TonySanDiego TRIES to trade

Discussion in 'Journals' started by TonySanDiego, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Other than play around with it, and snagit studio, I can only tell you that you need to use gif as your graphic format.

It is really pretty simple.

You can import gif's into snagit studio, then take another snagit image of the previously saved snagit images. :confused:

Hope this helps....

#61     Jul 30, 2002
  2. Absolutely awful day today..

couldn't do anything right.

no charts tonight.. spending my time trying to decypher what the heck is WRONG with my thinking.

here are the trades....

you can look them up on your charts if you really want to see some terrible trading

#62     Jul 30, 2002
  3. Hi Tony,

Hey...I have a question or two in reference to SPY.

Where your losses due to the right trade setup but bad trade management after the entry?

Where your losses due to the wrong trade setup?

Hopefully it was the former and not the latter.

Suggestion: Right now your getting some consistent losses. Thus, find one trade setup your very comfortable with...something you won't hesitate to pull the trigger...something that you think repeats 1-3 times per day or several times per week...something you have specific rules written about (entry/exit strategy) and something you KNOW makes money.

Don't trade any other setup...don't play the should'uv, would'uv or could'uv game with your other trade setups...just put 100% concentration into this one trade setup...whatever it is that you select.

Try it for one day...you know how to get a hold of me...so let me know if your going to do this or if you did do this and what the results were.

I'm suggesting this because I think your trying to do too much...too many financial instruments that trade very differently...your applying too many strategies...

trust me...if you don't slow down...it's going to get worst.

NihabaAshi

#63     Jul 30, 2002
  4. An analogy:

You are currently in drive (trading). Put yourself in park (no trading). Develop a new strategy or tweak old one. Then go into neutral (paper trade). Then step and the gas again and drive.

Right now you sound emotionally frustrated.. do not drink and drive!!!

--MIKE

#64     Jul 30, 2002
  5. kind of a stand down day after yesterday...

Didn't do opening orders... had some glitches, and couldn't get ready.

Did 3 totally unremarkable SPY trades, including one classic shake out before the trade worked.

I have to work on keeping my stops... that is, DON'T BAIL BEFORE IT IS TIME. My stop on the last trade was a break of 89.50, a .20+ stop. The trade was a pullback, and the stop was never actually threatened.

The second trade was a reversal off the bottom. Those need to go right away or the trade assumption is no longer valid.

The first trade was a breakdown, if it doesn't keep heading south, I feel that I need to head out the door. That is, the trade reasoning is not valid anymore.

Anyway, that is my thinking.

Here is the gif.

#65     Jul 31, 2002
  6. Did ok on opening orders, CMX killed a good morning with a big seller right out of the gate. Got a little bit of it back when I saw the big prints go by and the offer become small.

SPY.. what can I say. Can't seem to do right for doing wrong.

NQ... see SPY

it's going up... no.. down.. no up.. no, down, but only after a nice jerk up to knock me off my position. If I try shorting a top, runs me over, THEN tanks. Try buying a pullback, it immediately folds up like a wet cracker. Try shorting the breakdown, runs up like they discovered gold somewhere.

Just keep plugging away I guess. I would follow rules if any rules I knew about actually worked.

The only breakdown that worked without a big pullup first, came after a hard run from the very top of the range. And I have it on good advice "don't short breakdowns after a big run". OK, I didn't...

Oh well... just had a frustrating day again. I hope all those jerks that squeezed me on that last SPY short are still holding thier long contracts. :p

Here are the opening orders.

#66     Aug 1, 2002
  7. and the SPY trades

#67     Aug 1, 2002
  8. and the NQ

#68     Aug 1, 2002
  9. Babak

Babak

Tony, congrats on a solid oo!

But didn't you make money both times on CMX?!? SShort/covered for $0.75 then bought and sold for $0.22. Right?

#69     Aug 1, 2002
  10. CMX was a long both times...

#70     Aug 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.