Tony Romo is Done, Good!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wildchild, Aug 27, 2016.

1. wildchild

wildchild

I think we just might have seen the end of this fraud Tony Romo. Everyone runs around saying how great of QB this guy is but I just dont see it. His record in big games is awful and he just doesn't seem to have the toughness to play football at a professional level.

2. Well, he has the toughness. About 3 years ago, after he broke some ribs, he played through the game and possibly the next one while he was still recovering. He's a tough guy.

Romo is a good QB. He has been a Cowboy for 13? years. It's just that every year there is a different problem. It's the offensive line, then they fix that and the next year it's the defensive line, then the Receivers get hurt, then Romo gets hurt.

Football is a tough sport and Romo has gotten banged up pretty good in his career. He has broken his ribs, injured his back at least 2X, broken his shoulder 2X, injured his hands and his knees.

With all those injuries, it's easy to get re-injured.

He's a good QB, it's just that he is too prone to injuries. I think this will be his last hurrah though. I honestly don't see him returning this year. They say he is going to be out for at least 6 weeks, as many as 10. But...the new guy they drafted this year, Dak Prescott has done well in the preseason.

He's a rookie (Missisippi State) but he's a good one.

If Dak does as good in regular season games that he has done in his 3 preseason games, we'll have a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

And we need him to do well because the other guy, Kellen Moore is a mediocre backup QB when he is performing at his best on a good day. And he is on the injury list too.

But the biggest obstacle to success for the last several years has not been Romo, it's been Jerry Jones. But that's another story.

I hope we do well. I hope this year is a good one, but I say that every year; I am the eternal optimist...:)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  3. wildchild

wildchild

I don't know. I saw this guy take a big break before a playoff game and go to Cabo. He then proceeded to stink up the joint. I think he needs to wake up and look in the mirror and realize he just aint a playoff caliber quarterback. When Tom Brady has 3 times as many SB appearances as you have play off wins, you have to ride off into the sunset.

He seems to be more talented at selling ribs. I have been noticing them at more stores.

4. LacesOut

LacesOut

Never seen someone with such a hard-on for Tony Romo.
    Wildchild might be gay and must have made a pass at Romo and got rejected. There's no other explanation.

Tom B likes this.
  5. jnbadger

jnbadger

I am a die hard Packer fan, and I hated to see Teddy Bridgewater go down. When we win, I want to beat them at their best.

When you are happy when the opposition gets hurt, you are admitting you are a total fucking pussy.

DallasCowboysFan and Tom B like this.
  6. wildchild

wildchild

Who said anything about the opposition? I am pointing out this guy is a fraud and completely overrated. He is a bad quarterback period and he is done.

Second, you are a big league douche calling people a 'total fucking pussy' on an internet forum. What a tough guy you must be.

7. wildchild

wildchild

We still have seen nothing from this guy except for him holding a clipboard on the sidelines. There are even people claiming that NFL ratings are down because Tony Romo isn't playing. What planet are these people on? This guy has missed major time in past seasons and it has zero affect on the ratings. This idea that Tony Romo is a ratings driver is absurd.

8. I have never heard that about Romo and NFL ratings.

The NFL's ratings are down because more people are playing soccer and computer games. And there are fewer kids playing little league football every year.....which means less interest in high school and college. They are concerned about concussions and the negative press about the players abusing women, guns, drugs and shoplifting.

Yep....Joseph Randle was a running back for Dallas...500k a year. He got busted for shoplifting cologne and underwear at a local mall.

People have too many things to occupy their attention with than have to put up with the shenanigans of pro athletes. And the NFL treats a lot of their players with kid gloves that doesn't sit well with the public.

Tony Romo was a good QB. He has 34k yards passing and 247 touchdowns. His passing stats rank among the best in the NFL. But he's never been to the Superbowl and that will probably keep him out of the Hall of Fame. But he is 36 and has suffered too many injuries.

He'd make a good manager though.

Anyhow.......he has a good looking wife and a comfortable looking home...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LacesOut

LacesOut

What idiot says this?

10. No one is claiming anything about ratings having to do with Tony Romo. In fact most announcers will often claim Romo is one of the most underrated QBs who gets no attention. If you look at his regular season stats they are similar to Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Brady over the past 7 years (not counting injury time). But he drops way off that list when ti comes to December and January (I am a Cowboy fan and easily acknowledge this..he sucks when we turn to end of season/playoff games). Therefore, Romo has nothing to do with current ratings but I will tell you that Preskelliot is bringing in a lot of attention back to Dallas for the way they are playing and their record.

#10     Nov 7, 2016