Tony Oz's Sky Scraper question

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Babak, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Harry,

my list was: Bottom Fisher: HGMCY, VSNX, VZ Skyscraper: VRC, TOM, RSTN, GERN, ALKS, GILD, PPG, VRTA, ROST, RFMD, GBBK, RBGK. As you can see, I only looked at NASDAQ-Stocks
    Because order-routing and trading are very different between Nasdaq and listed stocks, I wanted to point out that listed stocks have 1/2/3 characters and Nasdaq have 4/5 characters. So in your list above VZ, VRC, TOM, and PPG are not Nasdaq stocks.

Another problem is that many stocks do their moves early in the trading day - so if you don't get in early, you will miss a lot of the move -
    for example: VSNX.

That baby went parabolic for about 5 minutes and was almost impossible to get in, don't feel bad if you missed it. And if you entered after 9:42 it was dead money all day as it simply ranged for more than six hours and never really went up any further.

Thank you MAGNA for your explanations
    You're more than welcome.

#21     Oct 12, 2001
  2. TonyOz

TonyOz

Bill,

The new version has the added tabs. You can go to http://www.tonyoz.com/ozcalc.htm and download it. I am terribly sorry I didn't reply to your email, I was busy signing about 500 books ... and I couldn't find the stupid password for this new version. Anyhow, just download it. It will make both our lives easier. It might also save Eric's life :)

dufferdon,

Maybe in the next version we could use %. Right now, you have no idea how happy I am that it's on the website and available for download. I'd get as many as 200+ emails a week asking when will it be out since I mentioned it in the newsletter back in June.

Harry,

I agree with Bill. I love the Level 2 analogy he used. It will take time to get used to it and you will study all the different scans and see which ones work best in different market environments. Usual Suspect, New Kid and Power Trader were awesome last week as they always are in big up days.

Usual Suspect and Knock Down are normally very good for intraday trading as well, but there are a lot of results sometime. especially on a big up day or a big down day.

Bill,

"if we started a thread like that and named it "Tony Oz Scanner Users - October 2001" and go on to November etc., will you link to it from your website? I'd like to get as many users involved, so we get a broader approach, etc. It will also be great if you would participate."

I personally do not have any problems with it what so ever and will gladly link to it. However, this is Baron's website, so I'd like to have his approval first. Then, I would really appreciate it if you waited until November first. I just want to make sure that the scanner is working properly and can handle the growth of subscribers.

Thanks,

#22     Oct 13, 2001
  3. Thanks Tony!

I did as you suggested, and hope I saved your brother's life. This is really cool. It installs like a real program. What a nasty password. Who came up with that thing?

I also like the picture you added. Didn't I tell you that babes don't trade stocks? And your online help is "great." "Please refer to page 31-35 for more info." You really want me to keep your book on my desk at all time, don't you? LOL.

I had to give you some cr*p for not answering my email. How is your hand doing after signing all those books. Did Jodi relieve you from the dish-washing duty? :)

OK! Will wait till November 1st. Since the discussions will be trading-related, I can't see why anyone will have a problem with it.

Bill

#23     Oct 13, 2001
  4. Harry

Harry

@Sniper Trader1
    Your L2 analogy is right, as Tony stated below. The difference I see is that with a L2-screen you get information during the whole day in a steady manner - with such a scanner you get a lot of information as the trading day starts and it dries up a little during the day.

If you look at VSNX you can see that the stock had its move early in the morning, whereas ATVI showed a nice move during the whole trading day.

Even now I feel that the scanner works great for me - but as I noticed one of my biggest winners yesterday has also been on my list from the visual scans before the trading day started - so it really would be great if it were possible to scan for these setups (clearly without the element of triggering the entry price level) before the trading day starts - does anyone know a good software, so you do not have to do it by hand, which takes a lot of time, I can tell you ;)

@TonyOz
    A thread for discussing trades out of these setups would be really great. I hope I did not offend someone with posting the Symbols above - if so, I'm very sorry (but these symbols were posted earlier in the thread, so I hope it's not a problem - I will not post any Symbols until the thread gets approved). It takes a while to get used to these "restrictions" on US-Boards. I think everybody who trades for a while does know that there are no "get-rich-boxes" - and an open discussion about all trades (and as I'm not that experienced now, there are a lot of trades that don't work out well) will show that ( and I also posted two above).

@Magna
    Oops, you're right. I screened my whole Nasdaq-list and added some NYSE-stocks just before the trading day started. I hope, I did not confuse someone. Thank you for posting the correction.

@Baron
    It's a great site ! I hope it's not a problem to open a thread for discussing these trades.

@All
    I'm looking forward to discussing related questions in the new thread - perhaps we can then discuss my question No 5 ("5. Thank you MAGNA for your explanations regarding up- and downday: if you do the screening visually it's much easier to just look if the candles are green or red - and if there are some hundred stocks to look at ... It would be an "advantage" if the last candle has a "different" color, especially has been a reversal day - it's hard to find visually at a glance but may be very effective, isn't it ? ") from the above posting with some examples.

Have a great weekend,
    Harry

#24     Oct 13, 2001
  5. Harry

Harry

@Sniper Trader1
    Hey, you just posted during I wrote my answer. It's just after midnight in California now isn't it (I hope I'm right that you're living there) - it's kind of funny: I'm sitting here and it's a great sunny Saturday morning and it's my first posting today - and you are doing your last ones (I hope, that you get some sleep ;) )

Harry

#25     Oct 13, 2001
  6. TonyOz

TonyOz

LOL.

Nothing like a good laugh on the weekend.

BTW Doesn't Jennifer trade? You see, there are some babes there after all :) I got ice wrapped around my wrist and elbow, should be good to go Monday ...

Tell Jennifer I said hi.

#26     Oct 13, 2001