Tony Oz

Discussion in 'Trading' started by triple_j, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Thanks, Eric for your post.

A while back Tony was posting here. As soon as some people started to question his consistency and/or accuracy he got upset and quit posting altogether; probably advised by his marketing coach.

Smart people know 'what's up' and 'who is who' so to speak. The trading community is a pretty tight one and Imposters are recognized rather quickly; though that recognition may have slowed down during the bubble 'Era'.

Newcomers, here is some advice: always question anyone selling $100 books and $500 CD- ROMs. Heck, if they knew that much about trading do you think the would go through all the trouble to sell books/CDs/videos...etc.......???

Best,

-triple

------------------------------------------
    'real eyes see real lies'

#11     Sep 11, 2002
  2. ok, but what about the 2 pics he posted of his monthly trading stats? his stats showed him to be profitable. i'll repost the pics here so you can see what i mean.

#12     Sep 11, 2002
  3. 2

#13     Sep 11, 2002
  4. TonyOz

TonyOz

Hi Triple J,

Everything is great. I guess you missed my post http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=68214&highlight=financial#post68214

"I would like to say good bye to this wonderful site, because I plan on releasing a paid service in the next six months (not a chatroom). I feel it will be a conflict of interest to post on this board since I will have financial interest in the readers, and this is not my style. So that time has arrived. We start production this Tuesday. It was very educational and just as important fun to be a part of this. Take care and trade smart."

Okay enough sarcasm, let's get to the meat of things ...

In short,

Market is treating me well this year. I am VERY profitable!

To set the record straight, I am the only member who actually posted his records on this site when challenged to do so within 5 minutes!

The links are there, trades were executed in June of 2002 (not the mo mo times), and feel free to post your own trading record as well ....

This will be my last post on this board. I have a baby girl on the way and a 4-year-old son whom I'd like to spend every free minute I have with.

<b>Triple J, it seems like you have an ax to grind. I'm sorry you feel this way, but allow me to quote from an email I received today:</b>

<i>"Hi Tony,
    Sorry to bother you! I've been trying to hunt down your classic--Stock
    Trading Wizard--and cannot find it anywhere on earth! Jodi had no leads
    either, so I thought I'd try you directly.

Do you know of anyone who has a copy of this rare book that I could
    buy? I will pay virtually any price for it--no matter what condition it
    is in!

If you can get me in touch with someone who has this book, a fine
    bottle of champagne will be coming your way--courtesy of the Napa
    Valley Day Traders Association.

Thank you for all your help in trading. You are, without question, the
    most compelling and compassionate guide for traders anywhere in the
    world.

Sincerely Yours,

J"</i>

Obviously, there are those who like and value my work and will pay to get their hands on my out-of-print book. I get at least 50 requests for this book every month!

Go ahead and post everything you need to get off your chest. No one is going to ban you. I'm certainly not afraid of the truth! So bring it on ...

Tony

PS: My new CD course http://www.stocktradingschool.com/dvd.htm which some of you referred to in their post is the first of its kind to offer TWO videos at the same time. So far the reviews have been absolutely great. With all the negativity about it on this board, not a single review has been from someone who actually watched it! I just love it when people crap on a product which they have no first-hand experience with. I don't know about you, but it definitely turns me off.

GOODBYE!

Moderator, please do not delete this thread, and if in the future anyone else wants to know what happened to me just point him to this post, because it is my last one here!

#14     Sep 11, 2002
  5. Miki

Miki

The same old story.

Looking for the guru to point to the holy grail and finding a finger pointing to the hard work.

Nothing comes easy, boys.

#15     Sep 11, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

triple,
    first let me say that i have no affiliation with tony whatsoever.

with that said, in my book tony is a class act. sure he's written a book. yes you have to pay for his videos. however, not everyone who sells something is a shylock. tony practices what he preaches. he trades live during conferences, never hesitated to help out people on this board and has earned his respect.

i'll say it again. in my book he's a class act.

BTW, trading isn't about % returns. Long term survival is about risk/return. A trading contest doesn't prove anything. Someone taking the largest risk will usually win in the short run.

you may have your own beefs with tony but if you get the chance, try to read some of his earlier posts, i think you'll find them interesting.

#16     Sep 11, 2002
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

I second that comment. I also have no affiliation with any of Tony's businesses, and he is truly a standup guy, a class act. I've known Tony for about a year now and he is always generous, always trying to help people, always warm and caring, loves to laugh, never afraid of criticism, never afraid of a challenge. I'm sorry he (understandably) doesn't have time to post here any longer, but I'm thrilled that #2 is almost here. :) :p :D

#17     Sep 11, 2002
  8. Hey, I just checked and I've got a 'Mint' copy of "Stock Market Wizard." First bid over $1,000 gets it.

#18     Sep 11, 2002
  9. i will happily sell you my "mint" copy of "stock trading wizard" for $500.00 and you can keep the champagne.

best,

surf:)

#19     Sep 11, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

People read these books?

My only beef with Tony was that he turned down the match against super_ego in the chatroom - that would have been very entertaining. When he backed out of this, and offered a "free" chatroom visit on Augut 18 ish if I remember correctly - we are still waiting...

nitro

#20     Sep 11, 2002