Tony Oz Newsletter

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Babak, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Babak

Babak

I guess we can put this in the WTF category:

http://www.tonyoz.com/letter.htm

So this thing was supposed to go live in August 2002? ummm...ok.

And it started appearing (from what I remember) in late 2001 on his website. Riiiight.

:D

Tony, if you're reading this I'm just yanking your chain. Where are you man? what are you up to these days?

2. Yea, where is Tony? I signed up for that newsletter back in 2002--never heard a word. He replied to an email I sent him in January 2003, and I've not heard from him since.

Hey, Tony, we luv ya' man, it would be nice if you'd let us know how you're doing these days. I still consider you my all-time favorite trader.

3. Might be a good trader, but he doesn't seem to understand the idea of replying to an inquiry. I contacted him a LONG time ago, and (you guessed it) never heard from him. Did what I normally do when people flake out. Crossed him off the list. Seems to me that there a more than a few folks in this industry who know how to say the right words, but don't necessarily walk the walk. Regards, Steve46

4. Its like anything in life the ones that "talk" the most are always the ones that know the least.

"A dumb man will profess to being wise, while a true wise man will know how to appear dumb" - 1825

5. With all due respect to steve46 and ChartingMarkets, and I do have respect for you two gentlemen, I suggest that we not judge Tony Oz so harshly in absentia on such flimsy grounds.

6. Agreed....actually i wasn't judging him moreover just making a general statement.

7. Well, after all you are right. There may have been some good reason for him to fail to reply. I did buy (and read) his book titled "The Stock Trader". At the time I was impressed that Tony could make a profit trading long only. In retrospect, you can see how he did it, using a focused scanning program, using support and resistance, and keeping good money management discipline. take care guys, steve46

8. opw

opw

I have contacted Tony a few times over the last couple of years. He always replied very promptly, even though all I did was buy all of his books.

Last time was about a year ago. He mailed me he had moved his focus to his family and trading and cut time spent on bulletin boards, the site and so on.

Here is Tony's last post to this site...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=246353#post246353