Tonight's (Sun. Nov 14) opening volume

Discussion in 'Trading' started by blox87, Nov 14, 2010.

1. blox87

blox87 Guest

Tonight's (Sun. Nov 14) opening volume is huge across all futures contracts on Think or swim, I can't see the same volumes in ninjatrader. Anyone else notice these huge volumes? 200,000 contracts NQ traded on the opening 5 min bar? 150,000 thousand 6e on open , 85,000 cl opening volume. Anyone else see that or is Think or Swim just producing errors? Thanks

2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

We could get an artificially propped up market into the open tommorrow before a significant sell off shortly after.

The threat of an Ireland bailout announcement is hanging on the market. I think that event would drop all financials 3-5% within an hour. So the question is how interested are the current longs in risking this event. I would think people would exit for now and re-enter when its safer to hold.

3. most likely a software glitch. 2 million es contracts? doubt it.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hmm, I only show 2k NQ traded so far in the evening session on TOS. CL 4200 contracts.

5. i noticed the same thing, it must be something screwed up with the update.

6. does anyone else with thinkorswim see almost a million contracts traded on the es in the first hour? obviously something with the update right?

7. Great "Update" ToS! Idiots!

ALL of my instruments are fvcking jacked! Stupid volume and price is wacko too on the charts.

Niiiiiiice.

8. Please don't tell me you actually think these volumes traded.

If you do then don't waste anymore time and money looking at this.