Tomorrows Stock Picks (Shorts)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by spiritearth, Oct 4, 2011.

1. If you are willing, please list your top stock picks for tomorrow 10-5-2012 and the rest of the trading week.

I was going to go in on SINA and BIDU but hesitated. I'm scared to go in now due to the volatile market. Perhaps these stocks will only go up now that they have started their ascent, though.

Thoughts?

AMZN and GOOG were also picks of mine. These only went up a fraction of a percent so they are still definitely a long term option.

2. I am adding more SINA and/or Nov calls. Will likely hit at least 77 this week imho. Any higher is questionable. All indicators point to higher ST prices.

Only caveat is the news about alleged Chinese company accounting and alleged greater China government regulation of these companies.

Thus will enter otm puts.

3. Also adding NFLX calls, and/or futures/stock;entered small today at 110.

(have short calls)

4. Hmm Perhaps I should go in as:

14 shares of SINA

18 shares of BIDU

12 shares of NTES

for a total of roughly $3,444.

So if these go up 5% and I sell at this point I'm looking at roughly $150 profit after the $10 to buy and $10 to sell. Seems too low for all the worrying it will cause me lol. Maybe I should be looking long term instead.

I'm only really willing to put down 50% of my immediate savings at any time. I feel like if I don't risk anything then I won't gain anything, but I don't want to blindly jump on a downward spiral. I think with the European banks getting refinanced the entire stock market will continue to climb this week... I also think putting my money in stocks should be better than just keeping it in a 1% savings account. I hope! My wife and I will really need some savings when we go over to teach in Korea this coming year. I may need more training in this so it doesn't feel straight up like gambling, or maybe intelligent gambling. =)

5. Will be getting in on BIDU and NTES this morning or late afternoon during a dip. I think these stocks are strong. NTES is the game developer with the license for World of Warcraft in China, which is quite addicting, and BIDU is BIDU. Everyone knows them by now and it is oversold in my opinion.

I want to go in on SINA, GOOG, and AMZN, SOHU/CYOU but am not as sure about them.

6. What do you all think about NFLX and GOOG?

Would this be a smarter trade than the Chinese stocks?

7. 10-04-11 10:34 PM

I am adding more SINA and/or Nov calls. Will likely hit at least 77 this week imho. Any higher is questionable. All indicators point to higher ST prices.

Only caveat is the news about alleged Chinese company accounting and alleged greater China government regulation of these companies.

Thus will enter otm puts.

------------------------------------------

did you see SINA and NFLX, which I suggested yesterday?

SINA almost hit 77 like I thought might happen.

Not sure what tomorrow brings. I am looking to re-enter my NFLX calls and/or stock. It "looks" like its heading higher. I have some out of the money calls on NFLX (backspread) still.

8. IMHO: NO. Reason: these companies still have mombo strong FUNDAMENTALS...and what's this: Earning's season coming up !
    You could be standing in front of a freight train.

9. haha, I saw your predictions on SINA come true today iceman!

Was kicking myself as it went up for not going in. I need to shake off my hesitancy...

syswizard: what do you mean by standing in front of a freight train? That means I could get hammered right with GOOG and AMZN right, but not likely with the top Chinese internet stocks right now right?

Well: I am thinking about too many companies to finally go through with a trade. I think I need to select 2-4 strong companies and get in already. I need at least a 5% profit to justify the $20 buy/sell cost, though.

I am thinking: get in on BIDU, NTES, and SOHU when it makes it's first dip in the morning, usually around 9:45 to 9:55 AM on average, very early.. I am gonna split this 50% , 25%, and 25% , respectively.

syswizard and iceman, do you think it's a good idea? And for how long should I hold them, whenever they go up their first 4-7%..hopefully!?
    I'll be throwing in 1500, 750 and 750 on these stocks if I can muster the courage. I really don't want to have to hold out if it goes down!

#10     Oct 6, 2011