Tomorrow's price range for indexes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Yeah, I just want to be fair. Then from this point on we know whether we are talking about volatility or time.

#11     Nov 5, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And don't forget about energy and mass . . . :p

#12     Nov 5, 2003
  3. I'm not sure why everyone was COMPLAINING today!

The VIX was +1.87 % and climbing up to a whole 16.86

The volatility is SURGINGGGGGGGG!!!!

:D

#13     Nov 5, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Who's complaining? :cool:

#14     Nov 5, 2003
  5. LOL! I don't use much energy though, because I'm sittin' on m'ass all day.

:)

#15     Nov 5, 2003
  6. It was not what I thought it will be. I knew when the bottom will be in but didnot think it will be so deep and it will take all day to come above Linear Regression Line ( LRL). It was a complete surprize to me that 1050 did not hold. So I was wrong. Profitable but wrong.
    Walter

#16     Nov 6, 2003
  7. On the other hand Walter, it isn't as if the market tanked 100 points and you weren't even in the neighborhood. Not many people ever expect the type of U-boat day we had yesterday I wouldn't imagine.

#17     Nov 6, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The problem lies in the expecting. Predictions like Walter's are a function of ego, not of trading acumen.

#18     Nov 6, 2003
  9. Nice thread. I recommend a "preflight" check daily before open.

I just use a one page "fill in the blanks" and "comments" sheet.

It is a way to gain perspctive for me in the LT, IT, and ST operating points of the market. Cuts out most surprises.

Your perspective prior to the open gave us a context and the MLR context is very helpful. The market never jumps around and, it, in fact, did sluggishly hover around the MLR line as we all saw.

I see about four trends a day nowadays and I see very few periods of non trending (as in summer months).

the market has moved from 87K contracts a day to 400K now adays so we are in gear for trending, All six BO's yesterday were something that could be anticipated was well.

i do not think for a minute that being prepared ahead of time is an ego thing. It is a compliment to trading skills actually.

Bringing ego into the picture for a given facet of trading could have been applied to all facets of trading equally. It is just a common mistake an ego oriented person may make. Ego does'nt crowd out the anticipatory thing at all. Preparation and having a viewpoint is an intelligent use of time.

#19     Nov 6, 2003
  10. Nice summary, Grob

#20     Nov 6, 2003