Tomorrow's Chart Today-Part 2

Discussion in 'Journals' started by interdim, Jun 12, 2016.

1. interdim

interdim

ES_8_2_16_High_Low_Price_Reflections

#221     Aug 2, 2016
  2. interdim

interdim

Nice 14 point sell off from the top to the bottom while the Low Price Reflections were showing strength and dominance. Now will the High Price Reflections take hold, or will prices go sideways like they did in Crude Oil yesterday?

#222     Aug 2, 2016
  3. interdim

interdim

This price chart shows how valuable the 3x2 Displaced Moving Average is and how it keeps me out of trouble.

#223     Aug 2, 2016
  4. interdim

interdim

It's obvious with these Price Reflection Charts that the breadth or width of the data of the Highs or Lows Price Reflection shows the dominance or strength of them. Between 0830 and 1200 today the Lows Price Reflection breadth or width was great or greater than the Highs. If you look at the other charts you will see the same aspect, the greater breadth or width, having dominance during those times. I could not find a satisfactory timing tool in the data so I have to defer to the 3x2 (DMA) Displaced Moving Average. The 3x2 DMA keeps you out of trouble while providing the opportunity to enter and be a part of a big move.

#224     Aug 2, 2016
  5. interdim

interdim

Also if you have a great breadth or width of the Price Reflections showing weakness as you do in the Low Price Reflections now, between 1130 and 1500 that will be an indication of Higher Prices in this instance. So you have to look for both.

#225     Aug 2, 2016
  6. interdim

interdim

We touched the 3x2 on the 30 Minute, but if you look at the Low Prices Reflection it shows at 1300/1330 some strength during this time and of course with the trend being down it was easy to sell it when it hit the 3x2.

#226     Aug 2, 2016
  7. interdim

interdim

Okay the best part of the trading day is over. It may go sideways to up for a little while and if you look at the charts you can see why. I'm done for the day.

#227     Aug 2, 2016
  8. interdim

interdim

Nice move up but it will fizzle now and everyone will be slugging it out for the rest of the day, or they may move it back down. The best way to look at the charts I post is horizontally, not vertically. We are 'trained' to look at these charts vertically but you don't want to do that with the Price Reflection Charts.

#228     Aug 2, 2016
  9. interdim

interdim

ES and Crude markets for 8_3_16.

#229     Aug 3, 2016
  10. interdim

interdim

I like Crude to the upside after the 1030 report comes out. ES looks favorable to the upside until we get into the afternoon, whereas toward the end of the day some selling will come in. Use the 3x2 to gauge the current position of the market and I also use a 30x20 longer term displaced moving average. Bollinger Bands are a good tool too.

#230     Aug 3, 2016