Tomorrow Wednesday 09/09/2009: Beginning of Bear Leg

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Little early to be patting yourself on the back, don't ya think?

One thread's worth of comments by no means represents the majority on ET. There are plenty of bears who post on here, possibly even more than bulls right now.

#21     Sep 9, 2009
  2. FB123

FB123

Not to mention that the S&P is currently a whole 6 points off of its high right now - not that much. It hasn't even come close to breaking the uptrend line that has been in place over the past week. It's WAY too premature to be calling a top at the moment.

#22     Sep 9, 2009
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

Just because I am long and selling 2% of my holdings each day doesn't make me bullish. The sum of all longs will always be 100% of the market capitalization...

#23     Sep 9, 2009
  4. no, not correct. Rethink it. The sum of all longs is higher that 100% of the market caps. Prices are determined on margins.

#24     Sep 9, 2009
  5. Watch S&P, my amateur call right here is that it will go to 1100. Nothing to worry about until it breaks around 950. It's been moving up strong on good volume in a nice channel. I'm trying to find reasons for the market to tank hard here but there doesn't seem to be many right now.

#25     Sep 9, 2009
  6. stock_trad3r, is that you?

#26     Sep 9, 2009
  7. I take serious offence to that comment, well not really. How about you chime in instead of making stupid remarks that have the maturity level of a 5 year old. Seems to be the norm of posters on this forum which is exactly why some people don't post here very much.

#27     Sep 9, 2009
  8. In May i voted in a poll that the rally would continue and here we are. What is your track record?
    pfff, and your a mod on top of it.

#28     Sep 9, 2009
  9. charts

charts

What about a turn tomorrow around ... 13:00? :)

#29     Sep 9, 2009
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Here is a chance to flame me if you are so inclined

But I would also add – In no way am I insulting anyone – in any manor – by what I post here.

Just an observation…

It is the multitude of threads just like this where – folks are trying to call direction/ tops/ bottoms / turns – that only reaffirms my belief…

A majority of people do not work well in uncertain/ unknowable environments (specifically the mkt)… Nor are most willing or able to become comfortable with the uncertainness / not knowing of the mkt…

In fact there seems to be such a strong innate aversion to “not knowing” / “uncertainty” – that folks will create an illusion of certainty/ knowing – by picking direction/ tops/ bottoms/ turns, then trying to justify it…. Even if that direction turns out to be consistently dead wrong

It’s not just this thread – there are many just like this one – It’s that I just don’t get it….

A fact

I do not know what the mkt will do tomorrow – nor do I care (really I don’t) – I’ll just trade it and either lose or make money

But as evidenced from all the “trying to call it threads”… The not knowing or caring – must be easy to say – but harder than hell to accept – for most… And why I’ll never understand - Its just trading after all - nothing more

Aside

I’ve often wondered what the results would be (accuracy wise) if a person took a coin (used the same coin) and for X, XX, or XXX consecutive trading days – flipped it before the open

Heads = Mkt call Up

Tails = Mkt call Down

I often wonder if the accuracy would be any better or worse…

Anyhow here’s wishing y’all good trading tomorrow – no matter the direction

Regards

RN

#30     Sep 9, 2009