Tomorrow Wednesday 09/09/2009: Beginning of Bear Leg

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Sep 9, 2009.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Right now, the path of least resistance is up. Institutional buyers have money to spend. Even bad news provides nothing more than a dip for them to buy into.

#11     Sep 9, 2009
  2. Could be worse than that. We could see another 3 or 4 doses of stimulus as the market slows down each time.

Market could go higher and higher... $USD decline... all while economic problems obviously continue to worsen.

#12     Sep 9, 2009
  3. FB123

FB123

That would be just fine with me! A market going higher and higher implies more volatility as the price range for each day continues to increase. It's a lot easier to make money at S&P 1000 than S&P 300 as a day trader. I'll take inflation over deflation any day.

#13     Sep 9, 2009
  4. You wouldn't if you could think it through to it's logical conclusion...

#14     Sep 9, 2009
  5. An anecdote... first thing I thought of when I noticed today's date...

It's the anniversary of the highest 3-game series I bowled.... so would be fitting for a market HIGH today.. :D

#15     Sep 9, 2009
  6. FB123

FB123

Of course I would. It's better for me in the short term, I'd make more money from a more volatile market. As long as you don't keep wealth in the fiat currency and continue to convert it into things that actually have value on a regular basis it's not a problem. Of course our society would be in big trouble, but that's going to happen anyways sooner or later, nothing I can do about that.

#16     Sep 9, 2009
  7. noddyboy

noddyboy

The conclusion being that most of us here hold stocks instead of cash, so inflation is better?

#17     Sep 9, 2009
  8. Deflation is cleansing, economically refreshing. Inflation is DESTROYER OF WORLDS!

Inflation only SEEMS cool... until it gets out of hand and goes parabolic.

#18     Sep 9, 2009
  9. Why bother trying to outguess it? Just trade it.

#19     Sep 9, 2009
  10. The move down is already underway in Qs before noon, and in SPY a little after 1PM today.

If it continues, the top is then on Wednesday September 09, 2009!

As per the comments on this thread, the majority on ET is bullish! That is another positive sign for a move down.

#20     Sep 9, 2009