tomorrow, market could 'overlook' today asia stuff and look to fill Fridays GAP

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Tums

Tums

Where is Bluestreek these days?

#21     Jan 21, 2008
  2. Be careful, you're letting your position get in the way of logic. I'll assume your up huge on some short plays, remember volatility plays both sides.

Bear is the right way, but don't lose sight of likely attempts by uncle cracker to fight this rather than risk completely losing control all together (we all know this is the final outcome regardless).

Logic says that pre-market or early session is likely time tomorrow to have a cut.

#22     Jan 21, 2008

3. Just out of curiosity - if the US has lost its leadership position, why did worldwide markets sell off?

Serious question - not a dig- just want to understand your reasoning

#23     Jan 21, 2008
  4. If a rate cut's coming tomorrow then the down gap indicated by the futures probably won't happen, right?

#24     Jan 21, 2008
    #25     Jan 21, 2008
  6. Futures will need to keep the huge gap lower to create the cut. If they run back up, then no reason to cut. All about where we are trading tomorrow morning.

#26     Jan 21, 2008
  7. it depends what kind of stocks i am buying. i am only looking at stocks trading close to book+cash value with little to no debt and that make money and have growth.

i'm not suicidal and i'm not going to jump in front of a freight train of selling but i will pick my spots to add in.

#27     Jan 21, 2008
  8. This has not happened since the Great Depression, when there was little regulation.

Case in point 1) ... In 1987, the SEC saved the day by making it SIMPLE for corporations to initiate buy-backs.

Case in point 2) ... circuit breakers for futures are for the downside only.
    http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/files/EquityIndexPriceLimitGuide.pdf

Osorico

#28     Jan 21, 2008
  9. World markets are looking for some leadership and guessing by the dog and pony show put on by the FED on Friday just made it worse. Having GW come out with his little speech probably reminded everyone who was still in charge of the train wreck and made things even worse. Every stock market around the world is down 5%+ today. I look at my stock screen which is dripping red and there are many stocks down 20%+. The AMBAC turd about to hit tomorrow will guarantee a wild ride. Maybe this will be the moment uncle Ben cuts rates hard.

#29     Jan 21, 2008
  10. Think Asian markets will continue the selloff tonight?

#30     Jan 21, 2008