Tomorrow is going to R O C K !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aphexcoil, Sep 19, 2002.

1. intraday volatility

or do you buy and hold ( gasp ) for more than 2 hours ?

good luck

#31     Sep 19, 2002
  2. birddog

birddog

Aphie, everyone's being a little hard on you - all I think is go into the day with no opinion and then let the market tell you where it wants to go.

Some key technical support levels were broken today and tomorrow is friday so be careful out there - and yes we could have a bounce

#32     Sep 19, 2002
  3. js1257

js1257

I think if you run naked on wall street at noon time you will then have redeemed yourself. Just do it. Then you can change your name to natureboy.

#33     Sep 19, 2002
  4. Were do you think the NDX and SPX will open?

#34     Sep 19, 2002
  5. That is great advice. However, if I were trading with real money (since I should make it clearly obvious to everyone that I am not trading with real money until I do so), I would follow the trend -- BUT -- if the trend started to go up, I'd anticipate a larger run up than normal and hold a little longer.

It isn't so much that I know the market will go up tomorrow -- or predicting that it will -- but I'm merely preparing myself for the fact that, if it does, I want to be in a position to hold my positions a little tighter and longer than normal.

Again, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TRADING! This is my new disclaimer until I get my feathers dirty in the ES market in about a week. Then, after I lose all my money like Pabst predicts, I will have more leeway to talk about trading.

#35     Sep 19, 2002
  6. If your crystal ball isn't right its going to be a whole other kind of ball (maybe cocktail weener) thats flapping in the wind in NYC tomorrow. I'm sure your admirers from ET will have a few rotton tomatoes ready as they line the streets!

Second guessing the market is a suckers game!

:D

#36     Sep 19, 2002
  7. Were do you think the NDX and SPX will open?

#37     Sep 19, 2002
  8. The market can take those dreams away from you. The market can and will do whatever it wants to. I wish you success in your trading ventures, but may I caution that emotion and opnion are no friend of the trader. This work is more a matter of understanding, humility, probability and a healthy dose of realism (read money management, or better said, knowing when to take your losses).

#38     Sep 20, 2002
  9. That's a toss-up. I can only speak for SPX since that is what I watch on a daily basis.

My best guess is that it will open around 845 and eventually trade up to 860-870.

#39     Sep 20, 2002

10. U WUSS

#40     Sep 20, 2002