Tomorrow FOMC meeting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by madmaxer, Jun 24, 2008.

1. The Fed should raise rates tomorrow but we know they won’t because Lehman & Goldman Sachs are still very weak.

So they will puss out and give the market what it wants some jaw boning that the fed will stand pat... yep.

Every central bank in the world is raising rates, but not these pussies.

#21     Jun 24, 2008
  2. The PPT didn't push the market higher today, it was a technical bounce off a very strong level of support and it sure was fun riding!

#22     Jun 24, 2008

3. Yesterday morning WAS PPT, particularly after the 16 yrs low Consumer Confidence.

Today, we are having a lot of short covering sofar, ( This could be the indication that rates will not change ) Lets see what happens @ 1:50

#23     Jun 25, 2008
  4. Market goes lower today on announcement, regardless of unchanged or 25 hike. either way it falls off

#24     Jun 25, 2008
  5. I stand my my call that the Fed is going to put out a dovish statement.

They don't care about inflation, they care about investment banks.

#25     Jun 25, 2008
  6. You're on, i'll bet you the standard bet ($1), that the talk is hawkish.

#26     Jun 25, 2008
  7. Ok Mortimer ! the standard bet.

#27     Jun 25, 2008
  8. No rate decrease or increase, accompanied by very hawkish fed speak, and at least two (maybe three) strong dissents arguing for a 25 basis increase.

Dollar will rise, commodities will fall.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Too many ex wise men of the fed reserve are harping on inflation remaining in the danger zone for those comments to be lost on sitting members of the FOMC, and Bernanke would look reckless to not at least acknowledge their (genuine) concerns.

#28     Jun 25, 2008
  9. Agree with part of your statement, however, I see a late day rally in energy and a slight sell off on the dollar.

#29     Jun 25, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Energy might try to go positive but I see it down into the close.

#30     Jun 25, 2008