tommorow's freefall

Discussion in 'Trading' started by empee, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Investing in what ???
    Posts on ET?
    :p

#41     Jul 11, 2007
  2. Small and micro caps.

The funny thing is that even a moron like stock_turder certainly has better returns and more money than you. :p

What, did you give up on trying to explain how I'm not a "trader" even though I've always said I'm not? That one was really winning you smart-points with stock_turder I'm sure! :D

#42     Jul 11, 2007
  3. guys guys just whip it out and measure with a ruler already k?

#43     Jul 11, 2007
  4. Microcaps??

Calling TIMMMMMAAAAYYY!!!!

#44     Jul 11, 2007
  5. Nooooo, leave that moron to his business. He's probably busy losing more money and I'm happy to let him do so. :p

Or maybe he's busy exploiting market inefficiencies in the publishing industry so he can not make money like he hasn't been making money in the stock market the past 4 years! :D

#45     Jul 11, 2007
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Shoyou says:Housing peaked in 06, likely a couple more years before the bottom. Take a look at the chart and the double top

The probability of a "freefall" or precipitous market decline at this point is small, there is tremendous short interest right now.

New highs in August on weak volume is likely

Thanks for contributing something intelligent Shoyou. You could be wrong, but at least your comment is reasonable. It would seem that the next move of the Fed will likely be up not down, as real inflation is substantial as reflected in the weak dollar, driven by our government's attempt to monetarize the debt. So if we look a little beyond august and the likely disappointment of some shorts, we may well see some further decline in the market. But it is anyone's guess when the Fed will act. If I had to guess though, i'd say before 2007 is out. I expect the market is anticipating this and reflecting it in relatively high short interest. I just returned from Brazil where the dollar dropped from 1.95 Reais to 1.89 in the brief period i was there.

#46     Jul 11, 2007
  7. Look at the Russell Growth vs. Russell Value today. The only thing holding things up now is growth. The SPX continues to chopl hasnt made a new high since June 4th (over a month ago). Sooner or later, it will give and $hort will equal dollars.

#47     Jul 11, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

:)

#48     Jul 11, 2007
  9. d0n't ya kn0w crack K1lZZ?

#49     Jul 11, 2007
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

Good call...

#50     Jul 11, 2007