Tom Williams VSA Book Free in PDF

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hcour, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Gonz

Gonz

let me know the link too.. i'm also interested in the book. thx!

#11     Dec 18, 2006
  2. jprad

jprad

I'd be interested in a copy as well.

Have you tried to zip the file? PDF's usually shrink by a major amount.

#12     Dec 18, 2006
  3. The original PDF is about 6 mb and comes to 4.5 mb after zipping. If anyone is interested in the book, PM me and I will forward it.

epik

#13     Dec 18, 2006
  4. hcour

hcour Guest

Ok, there ya go. I would just caution those who read it that Williams does the hard-sell on his software in the book. Ignore that, the software cannot do Wyckoff pv interpretation, no matter what he claims. It's impossible to quantify pv analysis except in the utmost simplistic manner. At best it might be used as a learning tool. It is a discretionary methodology, not an automatic system. Having said that, the book does offer excellent and valid insights into pv analysis. I'd also suggest joining the Yahoo SMI Wyckoff board at:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wyckoff-SMI/

Lots of good info in the Files section.

H

#14     Dec 18, 2006
  5. elit

elit

Hcour, any comments on the book, apart from the advertisement for the software?

And would the software have any use for a beginner on his way to learn the principles?

#15     Dec 20, 2006
  6. elit, fwiw, my opinion of the software is it will confuse any experienced trader. It's cluttered with bad signals. I've seen Tom write that making money consistently in the markets is almost impossible - and that's using VSA!

Enough said?

The book however gives a brilliant explanation of PV and I learned a great deal from it that I apply daily intraday.

#16     Dec 20, 2006
  7. elit

elit

Do you mean that you can't make consistant profits with price and volume analysis, or is VSA some method in the software that Williams is using?

:confused:

#17     Dec 20, 2006
  8. I incorporate PV analysis into what I do rather than only using PV and I wouldn't trade without it. VSA is Tom's software that is supposed to give Wyckoff signals but the VSA chart just gets cluttered with red and green arrows that have little value. I studied the book and adopted the ideas in my own reading of PV action and I perform a lot better than the VSA software.

I'm grateful for the info in the book - I'd consider it a must read for any volume student. Wyckoff takes a long time to learn and make profitable, but for the serious student of the market, there are gems in the book even if you don't apply the whole Wyckoff approach.

#18     Dec 20, 2006
  9. hcour

hcour Guest

#19     Dec 20, 2006
  10. 1358june

1358june

Epik,
    Very much appreciate you forwarding the VSA book. Am on a tight budget and never would have bought it. Will make for fun reading over the holidays - thank you!

The free WinAce program I downloaded to open the file I got from you came with popup ads every five minutes even after removing the software. Just finished restoring and its okay now so was for sure worth it.

#20     Dec 21, 2006