Tom Hanks: I’m voting for Obama again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jun 23, 2011.

1. http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/0611/Tom_Hanks_Im_voting_for_Obama_again.html

It’s a bit early, but Tom Hanks has already made up his mind about the 2012 presidential election. He’s voting for Barack Obama, again.

In an interview with CNN, the actor who's been on a media blitz promoting a new movie, explained his endorsement.

Host Kyra Phillips introduced the subject, saying: “All right. President Obama, you've been a big supporter…”

Interrupting, Hanks said, “And I will be again! Let me take it right now. I'm going to vote for him for his re-election in 2012. I beat to you the punch.”

Phillips pressed the actor for his thoughts on Obama’s “evolving” stance on gay marriage. “Does President Obama need to endorse it?” she asked.

“Isn't that above my pay grade to make comments on?” said Hanks, before explaining, “I think all of America should endorse the idea because there's nothing to be afraid of.”

Hanks, a longtime Democrat, went on to say that the president has not only lived up to his expectations but “expanded” them.

Said Hanks, “If you would have told me a few years ago that ‘don't ask, don't tell’ would be repealed and about a billion jobs at General Motors and Chrysler would have been saved because the president was smart enough and strong enough and bold enough to do so, I would have said, 'Wow. That's a good president, I think I'll vote for him again.'”

2. Max E.

Max E.

I am voting for whoever forest gump doesnt vote for.... :D

3. One of my favorite actors.Hollywood still seem to have BO's back

4. What about Oprah? Does she have Obama's back?

5. In interviews she says she still supports him

6. Beware of people with two first names. :cool:

billion jobs at General Motors and Chrysler would have been saved because the president was smart enough and strong enough and bold enough to do so

How fucking hard is it to write a check? Esp when it's not your money. Oh baby soooo smart,, sooo strong,,,and oh sooooo bold.

7. Another moronic actor drunk on perceived moral superiority. He can't even make a coherent case for Obama. Even the Washington Post, liberal to the rotten core, has taken to mocking these actors who come to town to "testify" for their favorite cause.

The democrats are interested in their money and getting invited to cool parties where they might hook up with some slut actress. Otherwise, they consider these people a joke.

8. I'll tell you what, i don't think i've ever seen a bad tom hanks movie. I don't know if its that he's a great actor or does a good job of only accepting good scripts or both. just saying. (although castaway was kinda lame.)

9. bone

bone

Sure, that's his base. Collective Narcissistic Personality Disorder, unionized CBU wage scales replete with strikes every four years or so, collecting unemployment benefits, food stamps and publicly subsidized medical care in between gigs every 18 months.

I want to see Tom Hanks proclaim to the world: 'ya know, we should all be paying higher taxes, so I paid taxes on my gross income with just the standardized deductions on the 1040'.

10. +1

Great movies.Forest Gump was my favorite but I liked them all including castaway

#10     Jun 23, 2011