Tom Demark Sequential Indicator

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by chiefraven, Feb 17, 2008.

1. I once asked David Hirschfeld, who was Tudor's research director at the time, whether they were finding any of DeMark's stuff useful. He laughed, and said that his indicators were valueless and that DeMark himself appeared to suffer from Logorrhea. And that DeMark was no longer employed by Tudor, for those specific reasons.

#51     Oct 27, 2012
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Of course and that is also the reason he has worked with multiples of other big time traders.

He fooled them all. He just couldn't fool any of you.

Because you are all too sharp for Tom. :p

Nothing like a little weekend entertainment.

#52     Oct 27, 2012
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

I once knew a guy who shared a cab with someone who was related to a women who cleaned the workshirts of the janitor who ..........

#53     Oct 27, 2012
  4. j2ee

j2ee

I cannot prove why demark stuff is anything better than Jim Cramer Mad Money. If you belive Demark because the media tells you he worked for the best financial guys out there, then it is nothing better than you believe in Jim Cramer because he is in CNBC and you believe watching CNBC is how should someone gets rich in the market.

#54     Oct 28, 2012
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

So TD Sequential no longer works does it. No, never happen. Useless, hyped. :)

Well then how about once again a 5min ES chart not once but twice in the overnight globex session - a sell and then a buy. I guess RSI divergences/reverse divergences don't work either ? Confirming TD Seq.

Are these techniques infallible or the holy grail. No, but DeMark never claimed there are. Just another trading tool.

Testing proves .......... that something or someone passed a test. Nothing more.

Believe it or I have used TD Seq for over a decade winning and losing (more of the former) with real, not demo money, on the line.

#55     Oct 29, 2012
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Can't resist one last time - 2 more TD seqs, both sells overnight. One for about 3 pts, one for about 7 pts:

#56     Oct 31, 2012
  7. Why don't you make a couple of calls instead of this hindsight bullshit

#57     Oct 31, 2012
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Because I'm not a signal provider.

5 for 5 of course after the fact. The indicator has to plot first. Doh!

Criticism will keep on coming. That is the real bullshit. C ya.

But btw notice how the selloff after the most recent TD Seq sell @ 530am (posted earlier @ 1000am) continues.

#58     Oct 31, 2012
  9. I've worked with TD Sequential, Combo for a few years too....read both Demarks New Market Timing and Perl's Demark Indicators (in fact I'm looking at them right now)....even created my own custom Demark indicators.

The signals don't work as well as you claim......ask Robert Weinstein

In fact, you can't even use them profitably off-the-shelf if you followed the instructions in any of the aforementioned books.

all I'm saying is don't try to portray the Demark indicators as the greatest thing since sliced bread because they don't work by themselves

#59     Oct 31, 2012
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

So then you read Perl's response to the question of backtesting - on page 48?

You did see I said they were not infallible. And although 5 for 5 is a good run at the moment it will not lose again. And again, just like anything else.

Note: the indicators I have are DeMark's (bought directly in '97)and not some hacked/hashed out net versions, which may or may not be true to his design.

#60     Oct 31, 2012