Tom Demark Sequential Indicator

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by chiefraven, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jsp326

jsp326

Same ol' same ol'.

A thread about an indicator, price pattern, model, etc. It should've ended when several people said they backtested it and it wasn't profitable.

But no...the white knight comes in. "It works if you look at it in 5 different time frames over 13 different markets. And when my 8 other indicators line up. (See the Fibonacci connection as well?) Yes sir. I've done very well with it. Just don't ask me for an account statement or to make real-time calls. Trust me...I'm typing this from a mobile device from my cubicl...er, I mean, yacht!"

No one can backtest it because it's all so complex and subjective.

Suddenly, the indicator experiences a revival. Its creator is happy (whether it's a vendor guru or a nobody on a trading forum). And the myth lives on. Seeing how long Gann and Elliot have been running, there's no telling how long TD will make a mark (no pun intended).

#41     Oct 15, 2012
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

#42     Oct 27, 2012
  3. j2ee

j2ee

As long as it can be coded, then it can be backtested.

#43     Oct 27, 2012
  4. j2ee

j2ee

Demark says his indicators are scientific and objective, if it is not even closed to any kind of backtest, then how can that be scientific and objective!?

#44     Oct 27, 2012
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Steve Cohen, George Soros, Paul Tudor Jones (just a few of the many Tom DeMark has worked with) on one side and some anonymous internet trolls on the other. Let see whose opinion do I value more? :p

BTW yesterday's open in ES guess what:

#45     Oct 27, 2012
  6. j2ee

j2ee

This is funny. You believe whatever news and media tells you and wants you to believe ? Yes Demark may really works with them, but there can be two possible real reasons why they work with them:

1. to cover up what they really know why the market suddenly raises or drops. How do they know? You know why when people are that rich and know other rich and powerful people! Do gov need to find out if something dark? Yes! How do they explain? Demark crazy talking that no human can understand could be the always work answer! Demark has so many indicators and even unknown for others that can explain anything!

2. crazy subscription fee. Bloomberg and other places that all charge crazy for using his indicators. Base on the clients number he said, that is really crazy amount of $ for every month. Those people just need to say they work with him that can share part of that money every month, such an easy help out can share that much money every month, why not?

These are just 2 possible things, may be Demark is really that good, may be!

#46     Oct 27, 2012
  7. The above traders may have used DeMark's stuff at one point in time, but who's to say that these guys are CURRENTLY using DeMark's indicators?

I worked for PTJ back in 1986.
    I don't believe he was using any DeMark stuff at that time.

#47     Oct 27, 2012
  8. mm19

mm19

and how do you know these guys have not used indicators to actually bet against

:D :D :D

#48     Oct 27, 2012
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

That was exactly when he was using - back in the 80's. LOL.

You worked with him, uh huh. Good one.

#49     Oct 27, 2012
  10. He did, absolutely.

#50     Oct 27, 2012