Toll CEO says speculators walking away from contracts

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Just to clarify, this particular prediction by ratgirl was January 2005. The stocks went up about 70% between January of 2005 and July 2005. Between July 2005 and January 2006, they dipped slightly, came back, but in essence were still 60% higher than January 2005. At this time the stocks are about where they started in January 2005.

Now, home prices as you know would have depended on where you were in the country. California for instance I think you did pretty well in 2005. I assume you're giving it back this year.

In my area of the Midwest houses actually peaked a couple of years ago. So they were flat in 2005, I'd say they are down marginally in 2006.

Houses are taking longer to sell where I am...although I just sold a house that I spoke about earlier in this thread in 2 weeks. I had the house priced low though which attracted a "bargain hunter".

I'm not going to go back into Ratgirls' prediction. I would say that in my area that the market has some work to do, probably lower prices ahead. And from what I read that is probably true other places as well.

OldTrader

#71     Nov 15, 2006

2. all i did was make an accurate predicition on the housing market and oldtimer has me day trading the builders. LOL LOL LOL got logic?

i would love to have sat by you during the tech bubble when i was day trading a $200 plus tech stock that had a $1 spread at times. i cared not which direction the stock moved.. i played both sides with a bias to the downside given the speed in which it accelerated. i have met few in the business that were able to "scalp" in this manner and i truly believe it is one of the most taxing styles of trading in existence. trust me when i say you would have soiled your "depends" old man if you had attempted it.

#72     Nov 15, 2006
  3. Mvic

Mvic

class index on ET hitting new low :(

#73     Nov 15, 2006
  4. oh get over it.:cool:

#74     Nov 15, 2006
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Let's say someone made a prediction in 1999 that the nasdaq was in a bubble and would collapse some time in the next few years. The nasdaq subsequently doubled in price. But did the prediction come true or not?

#75     Nov 22, 2006

6. POP GOES THE WEASLE !!!

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070313/late_mortgages.html?.v=11

#76     Mar 13, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

haha, and they still havent found a bottom yet!!!!!!!

Watch XHB, possible 52 week low in the making come next 1-2 months.

#77     Jul 10, 2007