Tolerance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sameeh55, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Update: Jewish War Veterans Sue Federal Government to Remove Soledad Cross (California)
    Aug 25, 2006
    By Staff Writer
    KNSD-TV
    On August 25, 2006 KNSD-TV reported, "A group of Jewish war veterans is joining the long-running battle Thursday over a 29-foot cross standing on public parkland. The Jewish War Veterans, represented by the American Civil Liberties Union, sued the federal government in San Diego Federal Court 10 days after President George W. Bush signed legislation designed to shield the monument from legal challenges. The bill transferred ownership of the hilltop cross from the city of San Diego to the Department of Defense. The ACLU complaint, filed on behalf of the Jewish veterans group and individual Jewish and Muslim plaintiffs, charges Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld with violating the First Amendment. 'The fact is, the cross is on a piece of public land and says it's speaking for all of us -- for all the religions in this country -- and that's wrong,' San Diego ACLU Executive Director Kevin Keenan said. 'That's discrimination and that needs to be fixed, and it can be fixed by moving the cross to a constiutional location.' The legal fight over the cross began in 1989, when Philip Paulson, an atheist and a Vietnam War veteran, sued the city of San Diego. Paulson contended that the cross excluded veterans who were not Christian."

http://pluralism.org/news/view/14138

2. maxpi

maxpi

give Jews a chance to convert or respect a religion, or go to court.. they go for the court option, go figure :D

I supervised an R&D lab, I had one Jew, he knew I was a Christian... he'd go ballistic when I sent out a memo about procedures and philosophies. He would yell about me trying to convert him.. it was just nuts..

C'mon guys, what's the biggest and best religion of all.. Christianity!! Get over it.. Muslim? Forget it, oldest, most oppressive and biggest horrific murder machine ever devised.. Judaism? Forget that, tiny minority... Voo Doo? Forget that, the practitioners wind up cursed... Hindu, oh yeah, starve and don't get run over by a sacred cow or they will take away your food ration...

3. kut2k2

kut2k2

Based on what else you have posted in this forum, he probably had you nailed. And why would you be sending a memo about "philosophies" to an R&D lab?

You started out talking "respect a religion". This last part tells us all about your respect for other religions.

4. Oh really? A dozen american jews sued the federal government over a cross? Guess what that means, several million american jews did not sue and don't not have any problem with the cross. What's your point again?

And let me also remind you that jews who are in bed with the ACLU are almost always the same uber-leftist anti-zionist jews like Norman Finkelstein who are in bed with your islamo-nazi brethren. It's your leftist anti-american and anti-israel jewish allies who sued, not normal America loving, pro-israel jews who are the overwhelming majority of the american jewish community.