Told the wife I wanted to kill some belly fat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tango29, Mar 29, 2022.

1. tango29

tango29

So, I told my wife at the beginning of March I was going to watch my sugar, and general carbohydrate intake and try and kill off some left-over belly fat. What does she do, she goes on a baking binge for the entire month. She has made 4 loaves of garlic cheese bread, a double batch of M&M cookies, some kind of chocolate/toffee nut bars(I think triple batch), 3 different kinds of biscotti, and to end the month a dark chocolate/mint frozen custard. WTF!
    I kicked up the workouts a bit as part of the plan, but wasn't planning on battling the baking monster.
    I'm going to tell her I am going to work on putting on 100 lbs in April to see if reverse psychology works. Geez

murray t turtle and Bugenhagen like this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I kid you not, my wife does the same thing, and not just in the cooking area.

Last month the drain field for our septic system failed and I had to get my entire front yard dug up to replace it.
    As soon as I told my wife that we were going to really need to cut back on water usage during the process, she obsessed about needing to do laundry and run the dishwasher every day. It's the craziest thing.

3. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Such food feeding sabotage is a primeval instinct in women along with making you give them some of your food, an alfa female control play I believe.

"I just want a taste of yours".

CaptainObvious likes this.
  4. tango29

tango29

Maybe that is what it is, not sure. I know after reading Baron's experience it brought up a few other similar experiences. Kind of laugh or I'll cry situations. The kids have noticed it also and get a kick out of it. At the same time, they aren't much better.

Bugenhagen likes this.
  5. CET

CET

Maybe she doesn't want you looking too good to other ladies. Tell her she left you no choice but to get that fat off the old fashion way, sexercise. Everybody wins that way.

Based on what she cooked you may want to make sure she didn't increase the amount of your life insurance policy. :rolleyes:

GoldDigger likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Would she get pissed off if you showed her this pic and suggested she adopt to that method?

Teehee.

[​IMG]

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

There's only one way to find out. :D

8. Overnight

Overnight

So what you are basically saying is that you are going to be off the forum for a few weeks after your wife beats the shit out of you for suggesting the idea. Roger that.

Heal well! I know you will!

9. It's a yin-yang thing.

Bugenhagen likes this.
  10. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Perhaps... Though I have a distinct memories from when I travelled much of the US by train. I kept running into the widows of pharmacists, four of them and I was not chatting with every older widow being in my 20s.

Enough that my suspicions were raised about wives doing in their hubbies and pharmacist wives having the edge over causing diabetes.

#10     Mar 30, 2022