Told My Friend About Trading. How To Teach Him Being Realistic?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Feb 23, 2010.

1. lescor

lescor

You could ask him to give you $1000, then kick him in the balls. That way he'll know what it feels like to trade for real! Fun eh?

#11     Feb 26, 2010
  2. john_fx

john_fx

Some traders are winning a lots of money with FX, if they manage the risk well

#12     Mar 4, 2010
  3. volente_00

volente_00

When I first started out, one of the most relevant sayings I heard about being a trader was

Build a fire

Now stand over that fire and start dropping $100 bills into it

If you can do that without any emotions going through your mind then you are psychologically ready to be a trader.

#13     Mar 4, 2010
  4. Who are you to put limitations on him?!
    And why are all the negative jerks supporting that deision?
    He'll do as well as he'll do, and it's not your decision.
    Maybe he is a "steve cohen" type natural. Why mess with his confidence and how do you determine that 30% is reasonable? Maybe he'll make that every week.
    Your limitations are yours, don't project them onto him.

#14     Mar 4, 2010
  5. That was funny!!!

#15     Mar 4, 2010
  6. just let him blow up and encourage him to max out his credit card

#16     Mar 4, 2010
  7. The quickest way is to tell:

"Yeah, go for it dude!! You'll be a millionaire in no time!

#17     Mar 4, 2010
  8. pchan

pchan

How much experience and knowledge would you require in someone else to manage your money. Answer that question and you will know when it is time to start going live.

#18     Mar 4, 2010

9. you are jealous that your friend is doing better than you.

you can't accept the fact that someone with less experience is actually doing better than you.

you are frustrated that you are losing but your friend can eaily make money.

you managed to persuade yourself that trading is very difficult, while in fact trading is as simple and easy as taking a shit in your bathroom: step 1=take off your pants. step 2=sit down. step 3=shit. Trading is as simple as that.

you don't get the fact that someone will succeed and someone will fail. simply because you are the failing one, you assume your friend cannot be the succeeding one.

someone is making money from the market, but it's not you.

#19     Mar 4, 2010
  10. pma

pma

I think we can all relate to how exciting it is to get started in trading. Be honest-who else here thought they would be raking in the big bucks in no time? :D

#20     Mar 4, 2010