TOL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Dec 5, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Toll Brothers missed on revenue, earnings and guided margins going forward down.
    They cited labor and material costs. Orders contracted.

Its not getting any media attention this A.M..... but one can perhaps divine a lot out of this high dollar homebuilder's report.

Inflation is creeping in.

2. invortex

invortex

I have been in homebuilders ETF and stocks for a while. I see only upside with all the fires, floods etc.

vanzandt and dealmaker like this.
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

He may be trading shorter term than you...

4. invortex

invortex

NAIL has doubled, TOL is up 13% since I purchased sometime in Oct? All good.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Agree 100%. I was all over KBH. https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/kb-homes.313549/#post-4521881

The real gist of the above post was that I think in their report lies the harbinger that inflation is slowly and sneakedly working its way into the broader economic picture.
    Inflation cometh.

6. invortex

invortex

I agree and I am worried about the new tax laws hurting the housing market. If mortgage and taxes can't be deducted, it will totally hurt high end builders.
    If line of equity can't be deducted, then HD will lose a lot of business.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Imagine that.

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Not to be a Soes.... but I warned about this 4 months ago when nobody was talking about it.
    Lets see what happens tonight and tomorrow with earnings.
    We may get a big sell-off on good earnings depending what they say, "they" being a dozen different big companies reporting tonight and tomorrow. A little multiple contraction.

9. dealmaker

dealmaker

""