tokyo traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by blueraincap, Jun 18, 2013.

1. From the link below you can see the breakdown by investor type.
    Looks like OSE stopped sending this out after they merged with TSE.
    http://www.ose.or.jp/f/future_option_reports/213/future_options/re1303.pdf

As you'll find anywhere, some will make it and some won't. But maybe moreso here, it's not so easy for a Japanese to go independent as a trader, or as anything else for that matter.

As I recall, the multiplier for the Nikkei on SGX is 500. So the rate you pay would be around 240 yen here. That would be a little better than the cheapest Japanese brokers who charge 250 to 300 yen. There might be some that charge a little less, but I don't have time right now to check out all of them.

#21     Aug 5, 2013
  2. d08

d08

I did US stocks from Japan but that was for just 3 months back in 2011. The time difference actually is pretty bad but totally doable. Tokyo is a fairly 24/7 place so that shouldn't matter so much.

#22     Aug 5, 2013
  3. mokwit

mokwit

I am sure I could work this out for myself but quicker if someone KNOWS - can Osaka/Jasdaq stocks be distinguished from TSE stocks by number sequence used?

While I am here can 1st and 2nd section TSE be distinguished by number sequence used?

- any other identification possible with number sequences - looks like ETF's may be distinguishable this way.

Can those old (1950's) listed stocks that had some capital increase restriction or somesuch that effectively makes them dead stocks be distinguished by number sequence?

#23     Aug 8, 2013
  4. For example machinery stock's on different exchanges or sections
    are in the 6000's. Unless certain software uses an identifier, it would be hard. If you can get an old chartbook ffrom Toshi Rader you could tell from the index.

Do you just need a list of the stocks that were on OSE before the move to TSE? Is Japanese ok? I can post here or PM you the entire list of all Japanese stocks by exchange and section in Japanese later after the market closes.

#24     Aug 8, 2013
  5. mokwit

mokwit

A list of Osaka pre merger would be very useful. List of all by exchange also very useful even if names in Japanese if numeric symbols are there.

Maybe post here good for others too. TIA Appreciated.

While I am here, anyone also have a list of all merged stocks available to trade via interactive brokers? May be same list as 3400 or so available. IB exchanges web page and contract information center only load 100 per page so have to cut and paste 34 pages..............

Note: IB list of 2400 shortables available from their website all on one page.

NB would still be interested if there is a way to tell which exchange by number - IB scanner lumps them all together as TSEJ but ESignal/Zenith does not so if e.g. starts with 6 can tell if Osaka , if starts 3 can tell TSE, that would save duplicate inputting of symbols - i.e.. trying TSE, no go then try OSE.

#25     Aug 8, 2013
  6. OK. Will post late afternoon.

#26     Aug 8, 2013
  7. > Mokwit

The attached [Japanese stock codes] may not include a few recently listed stocks. And after the 9000's the listed stocks are not all in order as they were added to the original list later.

The other attachment in the next post includes the premerger OSE codes.

I found this site a few years ago for someone who could not read Japanese.
    http://www.mizuho-sc.com/english/ebond/companies/lista.html

I'm sure there are better lists, but I just don't have the time right now to look around. If the above does not meet your needs, let me know and I'll check again when I have more time.

#27     Aug 9, 2013
  8. >Mokwit

#28     Aug 9, 2013
  9. >Mokwit

Well, I see that the lists don't come out vertically. Sorry, don't know how to fix that.

#29     Aug 9, 2013
  10. mokwit

mokwit

learner2007 they do come out vertically for me - test cut and paste into excel was fine. Thx. Much appreciated

Likely to be focusing on Tokyo/Osaka as one of the few markets where there still seems to be stuff yet to come off LT bases and likely could trade independent i.e. uncorrelated with other markets going forward . It is "game over" in a lot of other markets I have been active in.

#30     Aug 9, 2013