Tokyo Evacuation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PocketChange, Sep 19, 2011.

1. You are correct, This was a hack-n-paste from a HuffPost commenter.

#11     Sep 19, 2011
  2. Tokyo evacuating? You've gotta be kidding me... about 30 million people live in the Tokyo metropolitan area... it's unrealistic.

#12     Sep 19, 2011
  3. ughhhh. Where do idiots like this come from? Why do you even have access to a computer. You should be locked in a room somewhere

#13     Sep 19, 2011
  4. BVM88

BVM88

As far as I'm aware they never extended the 20 klm evacuation zone, and they now appear to be sending people back to Fukushima, so there's no chance of any evacuations around Tokyo, even if it means 5 million of them dying of cancer over the next 20/30 years (hypothetically speaking).

http://australiancannonball.com/2011/09/21/fukushima-a-warning-to-the-world-japan/

#14     Sep 21, 2011
  5. Eight

Eight

most of us love them... no, really..

I've found that if one puts enough people on ignore that whole sections of ET are blank... economics and politics will do that on me sometimes...

#15     Sep 21, 2011
  6. jsp326

jsp326

Well, if any city that size could have an orderly evacuation, it would be Tokyo.

I can't imagine the looting, flash mobs, chaos, etc in a major U.S. city trying to evacuate.

#16     Sep 21, 2011
  7. gmst

gmst

+1 if any city in the world can do it, Tokyo will be best prepared. There is no country like Japan and no people like Japanese people as far as things like 'order in society', 'respect,empathy and concern for others' and 'need to act in a unison way', 'putting country and society over oneself' is concerned. If anyone can do it, Japanese only can do it.

#17     Sep 21, 2011
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

#18     Sep 21, 2011
  9. JamesL

JamesL

Just think of all the times they had to flee the city when a giant lizard came-a-stomping. They should be experts by now.

#19     Sep 21, 2011
  10. ++

#20     Sep 21, 2011