Todd Harrison is writing again

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ez_go_win, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Vishnu

Vishnu

I'm a fan of Todd's site and have been since Real Money. He is a great market timer on both a macro level and intraday. He doesn't need to be right every time in order for a reader to learn from his style.

I also like thestreet.com for news and the occasional column (alongside briefing.com)

Real Money has some A+ writers: Herb Greenberg, Paul Kedrosky, Odette Galli for econ, Arne Alsin on value picks, and I also get value out of Fleck and Task's columns.

RealMoney Pro is the best! But I am biased because I just started writing for them recently.

#41     Dec 7, 2002
  2. Babak

Babak

vishnu, you serious? you write for RM Pro?

get outta town!! :D

...of course, you could prove it by putting up a column or two on ET before it is up on RM Pro. :D

#42     Dec 8, 2002
  3. cheeks

cheeks

BWAHAHAHA!

You have not seen the movie "Trading Places?" Unbelievable!
    That is like a pro golfer that has not seen "Caddy Shack".

Please go rent "Wall Street" and "Trading Places" and watch them immediately!

Just PM me, before you break out the dictionary!

LMFAO!

:D

#43     Dec 8, 2002
  4. Vishnu

Vishnu

Just started about three weeks ago. Its fun but its definitely distracting me from trading (or, more importantly, online chess and scrabble)

#44     Dec 8, 2002
  5. Todd must be reading the mail, he posted this last week:
    "We’re going to have a slew of classes at the University of Minyanville including Derivatives, Technical Analysis, Fixed Income and Fundamental Analysis—all free."
    If he posts something of interest before the trail period ends I'll probably pay. What I really wanted to see is " traded 200,000 PG at 85 long, shorted 2000 85 calls, if it goes to 87 I'll---- etc. ect." the way he wrote for RM on a daily basis.

Why wouldn't he post these type trades at Minyanville? 200,000 PG would be 4 or 5% of his capital, right size and not enough volume in that stock or option to sway the stock?

#45     Dec 8, 2002
  6. (BWAHAHAHA!

You have not seen the movie "Trading Places?" Unbelievable!
    That is like a pro golfer that has not seen "Caddy Shack".

Please go rent "Wall Street" and "Trading Places" and watch them immediately!

Just PM me, before you break out the dictionary!

LMFAO!)

I don't think watching "Caddy Shack" would have any effect on someone's efforts to become a golf pro.

But from what I know of internet slang, guys who use "BWAHAHAHA!" and "LMFAO" are blowhards.

#46     Dec 8, 2002
  7. speaking of "LMFAO" , howd you end up with an "FA" anyway?

#47     Dec 8, 2002
  8. I agree completely. While the relative conviction levels aka "one foot in..." stuff is interesting, it is not the same as knowing how he trades real money. His RM column was much better because we could follow along. My guess is it is a legal issue or maybe Cramer is making a problem for him. I'm not sure if Cramer still has any ownership in the hedge fund but I believe he still has money there and is probably in a position to try to hamper toddo's efforts at competing with RM.

I do agree with lescor that after a few days or so, you pick up his references pretty quickly, although I wish he would confine his longer ramblings to after market hours.

#48     Dec 9, 2002
  9. cheeks

cheeks

Relax.

The smile at the end of the post means "I'm just kidding." I was not trying to insult you, just give you a hard time!

Cheeks

:)

#49     Dec 9, 2002
  10. cheeks

cheeks

I'm sorry, what do you mean?

#50     Dec 9, 2002