Todd Harrison is writing again

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ez_go_win, Oct 1, 2002.

1. I read rmpro. It's ok for the money. Best is Kass. Not sure if he's worth like 300 a month, but I've probably made 5k off his ideas in the last 2 months.

#21     Dec 3, 2002
  2. I don't subscribe to RM Pro. It seems awfully expensive to read a bunch of hedge fund guys talking their books. I had hoped Todd would have a real hard core site for daytraders but apparently not. The fact that he has Tony Dwyer is disappointing to me, as I've never found his commentary useful.

Also, you apparently have to sign up for todd's site to get the free month. Not a good approach in my view.

The RM Pro free day is for RM subs only.

#22     Dec 3, 2002
  3. Babak

Babak

wow! I'm surprised. Didn't RM Pro use to be like $1000+ a month? Now its $183/month (with annual subscription). When did that happen?! did they give a reason? ...or am I wrong and they always had this fee?

#23     Dec 3, 2002
  4. :confused:

worth it to you for sure.

:p

#24     Dec 3, 2002
  5. Harrison's writing style and all his creatures give me the illusion that all is not normal in his head. In fact the whole site gives me that impression.

#25     Dec 3, 2002
  6. Yeah, but he's a money maker.

#26     Dec 3, 2002
  7. just21

just21

I found a lot of cartoons and a toy shop but no writing. Maybe it is for a younger trading audience!

#27     Dec 3, 2002
  8. Whamo

Whamo

You would probably be a little bit looney too if you were trading a $400 million dollar hedge fund...

#28     Dec 3, 2002
  9. Sorry, I was wrong about the free december on toddo's site, you only have to give them your name and e-mail, not a credit card. Can't complain about that.

I have been monitoring RM Pro all day and I must say I can't see that it is worth the cost unless you are desperate for fundamentally based ideas. I mean am I really going to pay that big expense to be told what is in the WSJ? For me, Marc Chandler's currency commentary is almost worth the cost, but you can get pretty good FX commentary on a number of free sites and he is only there two days a week. The rest seems to be just a slightly upmarket version of RM, with the same annoying columnist conversation feature and doug kass's endless attempts at humor. I don't intend to subscribe to it, largely because I object to the bait and switch nature of RM. They grabbed us with a pretty good site, then all of a sudden anyone who was useful was either gone(toddo) or migrated to the expensive site. I think Rev Shark is actually pretty good on RM and you have to read Cramer, just don't follow him with your own real money. Plus RM has the MAN, Jeff Cooper.

#29     Dec 3, 2002
  10. I followed Harrison in early 2001, a critical period.

While I do think he had a handle on the period, his cryptic writing style was difficult to follow, too much was said between the lines.

But he did make time for rock-n-roll lyrics and hoofy and boo, his imaginary playmates. A lot of people seemed to like it, I didnt.

I would rather he spent his effort trying to be clear. If he isnt sure whats happening, or completely confident in his thesis, then just say "I'm not sure". It's ok to do that - just dont hide behind a band of imaginary animals.

I really dislike commentators who spend too much effort trying to be cute - this is serious business. Being cute is a form of arrogance "I'm so good you have to indulge my weirdness", unproffessional.

#30     Dec 3, 2002