Today's music

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Feb 13, 2011.

What do you think of today's hit music

1. It's awesome!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. It's crap!

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. I also voted for crap. Musically, I don't normally venture past 1999.

#11     Feb 14, 2011
  2. It wouldn't be hard to do another Spinal Tap but instead of lampooning metal they could lampoon Lady Gaga and all the rest.

#12     Feb 14, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

New Rule:

You cannot say today's music is crap unless you actually cite some examples of music you actually liked in the past.

#13     Feb 14, 2011
  4. I'll go you one better. I know some young kids who think they invented Pink Floyd or the Doors. Asking me if I heard this song or that song. Sheeet. I lived it. Kicker is, I haven't listened to them in years so they didn't hear it from me. I'll vote for them, todays music is crap because they don't listen to it.

#14     Feb 14, 2011
  5. That band at the Grammys called the Muse were typically derivative and inelborative in the opposite sense that jazz
    and classical get up off a motiff and explore a thematic landscape.
    Then there was a band that used aircraft lights, must have set a Guinness record for lumens on a stage, as if that has anything to
    do with music and the sound was nothing but a repetitive drone. If you're going to drone at least do some soloing around it. I'll toss out some bands Moody Blues, Allman Brothers, Spirit, Bruce, early Stones there are more.

#15     Feb 14, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Damn you guys. Not one of you has the guts to actually post what you believe is quality music. Sheesh. Kill the thread.

#16     Feb 14, 2011
  7. I LOVE Karen O........:cool:

Gold Lion........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMMkP_ofpXg

Hysteric (Acoustic version).......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j66LT-qmw6Y&feature=related

The "Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs" have an original sound and wide range of music......5 STARS in my book.

This group "Arcade Fire" may have some potential going forward......so far I like their sound........... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oI27uSzxNQ

If you are looking for Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, or the Who......that was just history my friend. We have too many "timid and docile" masses now that have been "directed" into mind numbed commercialized automatons! :eek:

#17     Feb 14, 2011
  8. Wuddaya mean. Okay I'll toss out my favorite band Jethro Tull.
    They'll be in Chicago June 26 and you can't get seats other than
    last row balcony obstructed view w/o paying a scalper their premium. They never disappoint live and always rearrange
    their hits afresh.

#18     Feb 14, 2011
  9. Shagi

Shagi

Hands Up - those that say today's music is tosh are 40 going on 60 years old. :D

Its never as good as the good ol' days. Generation after generation say the same thing.

We used to ..................................now not anymore. :D

#19     Feb 14, 2011
  10. Where are your quality music picks? Sheesh.

#20     Feb 14, 2011