Todays mass of erroneous trading at 9:30

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hmap1, Jun 17, 2005.

1. hmap1

hmap1

"This is the complete and final list of securities."

..Until further notice....

#11     Jun 17, 2005
  2. Bob111

Bob111

so when they will make final adjustments or busts or whatever?
    when is deadline for all this BS anyway?

#12     Jun 17, 2005
  3. da-net

da-net

Does anyone know a good class action law firm?

#13     Jun 17, 2005
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Hopefully the firm in error gets to walk away with a simple slap on the wrist (the usual busting policy). That way they will never make this mistake again!

In fact, I'm pretty sure I will never see another one of these major league screwjobs again in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!

#14     Jun 18, 2005
  5. High time the law have a serious go at this. Unthinkable that such blatant favoritism could stand in a court of law.

If any participant screws up for any reason, dumbness, technical or other, he'll have to swallow his own loss. Why should not that fat cat firm?

NASDAQ fellas should be tried as conspirators.

#15     Jun 18, 2005
  6. frank23

frank23

It appeared to be SBSH Salomon Smith Barney who messed up the cross. I've seen it happed before and I'll bet it will happen again. Nasdaq has handled it the same way every time. If it happens again figure 15% of the previous close price and get long/short the stock within that 15%. Don't cover until Nasdaq makes a decision! I seen alot of guys make big money in RIMM a few years back only to have it all taken away and then be left holding the bag for covering that position before a ruling by Nasdaq. Be careful in these types of situations!

#16     Jun 18, 2005