Today's gun crime thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Regarding my belly, "It's a poor craftsman who does not provide proper shelter for his tool."

And regarding Southern girth, many of us are survivalists. That's how we store our emergency food.

As to your sly insinuation about guns being compensatory, there is some truth to that: "Never pick a fight with a man who's too old for it. He'll just kill you."

#41     Aug 29, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Some younger guys just aren't smart enough to understand this.

#42     Aug 29, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

There is a valid point there. The greater the threat, the greater the likelihood of an all-or-nothing response rather than something more measured.

#43     Aug 29, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

NO, idiot bleeding heart pussies like you should stop insisting on it taking a decade or more to execute the violent offenders.

#44     Aug 29, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Out of curiosity why do you repeat this stupid drivel in every gun control argument? No one I know of is advocating anything of the sort. Constitutional or not.

#45     Aug 29, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

No he's right, you are confused.

#46     Aug 29, 2012
  7. A smattering of yesterday's gun violence: Just one dead in shootings in Chicago yesterday (link); in Taylor, Michigan, a motorist shot and killed a bicyclist who had run into his car (link); in Saginaw, Michigan, a six-year-old was killed and an adult male wounded in a double shooting (link); and two dead in a shooting in Kansas City (link).

#47     Aug 30, 2012

8. I think the following should be banned, ie. made illegal to purchase:

Handguns.

Assault weapons.

Large magazines, internal or external.

Body armor.

You can have all the rifles and shotguns that you want.

#48     Aug 30, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

As it happens, I find you violently offensive. So kindly take matters into your own hands and do the necessary. Forthwith.

#49     Aug 30, 2012
  10. Wow and how did you come to this (arbitrary) conclusion?

If the civilian police force can have something, then private citizens should be able to as well. I haven't been downtown NYC in a few years but last i was, there were cops with body armor and short barreled m-4 looking ASSAULT rifles on the corner of wall and broad. Probably every major city has a swat team with access to all the shit you listed and more. Plus the fed govt has civilian agencies which are basically military except they are meant to keep us in line, like the atf. So to protect ourselves from govt, the purpose of our 2nd Amendment right, we should have access to the same equipment.

#50     Aug 30, 2012