Today's gun crime thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Aug 29, 2012.

1. im not saying you shouldn't inforce gun laws or drug laws or any other laws we have on the books, but what im saying is you'll never legislate the problem away, that can only come from within. it starts at home, not at washington headquarters.

#21     Aug 29, 2012
  2. i should add that you're only dealing with symptoms not the disease. degredation of society cant be fixed with the signing of a law on some old guys desk.

#22     Aug 29, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Do you gun rights people support me in my right to own a shoulder fired missile launcher if I wanted one?
    If not, why?
    It's Constitutional.
    Yes, it is.

#23     Aug 29, 2012
  4. I have two and plenty of RPG's. Want to know my supplier?

#24     Aug 29, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

No, you don't and no, I don't even if you did.

#25     Aug 29, 2012
  6. now you're getting into grand scale destruction arms laws, which is a different animal. like you can't own a nuclear bomb or a jet with a bunch of laser guided missles on it, or anthrax. so, apples and oranges.

#26     Aug 29, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

So, is your answer no?

#27     Aug 29, 2012
  8. there is no answer because it doesnt have anything to do with gun rights. you say 'you gun rights people'

i can say... do you gun rights people support a sugar tax on soda? i mean, what kind of question is that? its a totally different debate and one has nothing to do with the other.

a shoulder fired rpg kind of thing has nothing to do with owning a hand gun.

#28     Aug 29, 2012
  9. Like this.

#29     Aug 29, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

What kind of question is it?
    It's a Constitutional question.
    Do I have the right to keep and bear arms?
    Or, is something wrong with the Constitution?
    Do you or I have the right to interpret the Constitution in the way in which each of us chooses?
    Are there limits as to what a person may have in the USA?
    You seem to think there are limits.
    So do I.

#30     Aug 29, 2012