Today was my best day ever

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ryancohen, Jul 27, 2006.

1. as i mentioned later on it was listed in a newsletter i subscribe to.... and i was watching it from the open on so it was clear when the volume came in that it was a good short (of course everythign clear afterwards but stilll, it even looked really clear then and i'm sure nyse killer helped our cause :)

#21     Jul 27, 2006
  2. Another trader mentioned it to me, and I was watching it first thing in the morning. I put out a couple offers and they all got filled, don't know why but someone hit my island and arcas. There was no reason to get out, so I just held like everyone else did. Trader monthly? I doubt it, but hey you never know, right? Yeah, I am prop trader nothing more nothing less.:)

#22     Jul 27, 2006
  3. Ryan,

Congratulations on your success and nysekillers.

A question: when you maxed out on the stock what proportion of your trading equity was at risk?

#23     Jul 27, 2006
  4. dac8555

dac8555

that is wicked..a $26k trade. nice mate.

About once a week i go home and tell my wife.."hey hon..good day, made an extra $1k, $2k today in the market...getting better, that much closer to reirement". I rarely speak of the bad days.

The day that I go home and say "guess what babe..$25k in the market today"...I had BETTER get laid.

#24     Jul 27, 2006
  5. bsmeter

bsmeter

Yeah, that's what I thought. You can't pick these moves from b.s. half assed "scanners". You have to be watching these right at the open. Like you posted, it's a lot of hard work and preparation. But when you get to rape the markets like you did today, ahhhh, it's the best feeling in the world. :D

#25     Jul 27, 2006

6. I agree, by the time they show up on the scan, it's usually too late.

#26     Jul 27, 2006
  7. nbates

nbates

Gotta make sure to put the quotes in the right place...so, here's my take;

You can't pick these moves from "b.s. half assed" scanners.

-nb

#27     Jul 27, 2006
  8. LOL

So noone else caught on yet?

#28     Jul 27, 2006
  9. Nobody here seems to have a clue why it came down, and hence how you might have been involved from the very beginning, hell even last night....

The situation started last night when a listed stock came out with its #'s....

#29     Jul 27, 2006
  10. I'm thinking it's a shill for the website.

#30     Jul 27, 2006