Today was my best day ever

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ryancohen, Jul 27, 2006.

1. 68k, but what can you do?

#11     Jul 27, 2006

2. wow..... great trade on GRMN. Can you give us one more specific example (ie stock abcd shorted at 100, covered at 97)

#12     Jul 27, 2006
  3. r u the newbie dude who somehow in only a few months with a prop firm (?) is on the road to becoming a millionaire?

will be nice to read about you in "TRADERS MONTHLY"
    best young traders under 30 yrs old next yr

:p

#13     Jul 27, 2006
  4. Newbie...depends. 2 yrs. And no, I'm nowhere close to becoming a millionaire and know what an incredibly tough business this is. But I am getting better and I think like any other job, if you put in the time, and really try to learn, you can do well. And I don't think I'll make Traders Monthly in this lifetime. NYSE killer though....I'd love to see that interview.

#14     Jul 27, 2006
  5. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

NYSEKiller, could you comment how you got this trade so well? It looks like you just caught the stock freefalling and covered a few minutes later. Did you watch the bids/used a scanner? Waited for new lows? Were you just aware of the triple top pattern?

Thiago.

#15     Jul 27, 2006
  6. You guys are the best, really, I mean it.

I'd give you all my money to trade in a minute.

How much would you like?

#16     Jul 27, 2006
  7. alisa

alisa

I shorted it also, just not 6k :) i got it from www.highchartpatterns.com which has been mentioned in ET as zanger type newsletter (just cheaper at $30 a month but no chat room which might be a good thing or bad thing depending on what you like.... i personally wish they had one). they had it on newsletter various times over last couple weeks and it was the only stock listed for today so many people were watching it. they called it a dscending triangle.

#17     Jul 27, 2006
  8. alisa

alisa

lol, nysekiller can have mine. are you a prop trader nyse?

#18     Jul 27, 2006
  9. bsmeter

bsmeter

What little help are you referring to? Your chat room moderator told you to sell right at the open?

#19     Jul 27, 2006
  10. bsmeter

bsmeter

oh boy. Don't tell us you plan to buy puts on GRMN now. You're going to get screwed tomorrow, just watch.

#20     Jul 27, 2006