Today sucks! 08-09-2007

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by myminitrading, Aug 9, 2007.

1. andread

andread

It's not so bad when you don't know what is going on. To me it happens a lot :)

#11     Aug 9, 2007
  2. I agree, volatility is a wonderful thing. I've been making an average of $1000 a day for the last 8 weeks. Perhaps that's not much to some of you big swinging dicks, but I'm just peachy over it.

#12     Aug 9, 2007
  3. Yeah very erratic and unprofitable day.

#13     Aug 9, 2007
  4. For those that traded the ES today and lost money. What kind of TA were you using? You needed a low fractal chart, say 2 min., or a volume chart for scalping.

#14     Aug 9, 2007

5. It's all relative to account size. A thousand dollars on a million dollar account doesn't give bragging rights. However, a thousand dollars a day on a $500 account puts you into the super-trader category. :)

Congratulations on your wins.

st

P.S. I hope you don't go near biker bars using terms like "swinging dicks" followed by "peachy." :eek:

#15     Aug 9, 2007
  6. Managed to pick up some more cash today.

11 winners, zero losers, a perfect, and rare day.

Almost cracked 17G's, system held one trade over night, we'll see if thats a mistake late tomorrow.

• 882.jpg
      File size:
      23.9 KB
      Views:
    #16     Aug 9, 2007
  7. LOL! Touche'!

(it's a $150k account)

#17     Aug 9, 2007
  8. if you couldn't make oney today, you need to reassess your trading methodology

today was a GIFT

you could not ask for a better day for a trader to make large move trades (reward) with small risk.

seriously.

i have never (literally) seen a better day for trading index futures

#18     Aug 9, 2007
  9. <i>"i have never (literally) seen a better day for trading index futures"</i>

Well, I've seen at least ten sessions easier than today to trade eminis since July 1st. It was an ok day, but not stellar.

The difference between this one and others was backing & filling. Every swing was a modest blip that was reversed or filled before it ran big. Yesterday alone I had two trades of +10pts ES and +8pts ES. Today was all +2s and +4s before the tape slammed back in my face.

Even the afternoon drop was choppy and staccato today. 1475 was hit a dozen times from above & below before they finally blipped lower into the close. Compare that to yesterday where the final-hour move was 1512 to 1482 straight down, and 1482 to 1505 straight back up. None of that even came close to happening today.

Yesterday was several times better than today for trading any emini contract. Today was good, for sure. But there have been many better, equally for sure.

#19     Aug 9, 2007
  10. Noticed the same thing. Pulling 2-4 instead of 10. I assume there are buyers on the way down.

#20     Aug 9, 2007