Today is Veteran's day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MohdSalleh, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Redneck

Redneck

My respect… and My Sincere Thank You to all Veterans

God Speed Each of You
    RN

#21     Nov 11, 2010
  2. [​IMG]

#22     Nov 11, 2010
  3. lindq

lindq

As a veteran, I completely agree. Wasting money is one thing, and bad enough. But wasting lives is unforgivable.

War is too often the result of the failure of politicians to first exercise all other options. They should be held personally accountable, and it sickens me to see someone like George Bush just sail off into the sunset.

Veteran's Day is a great time to say thanks, but also a good time to think about why we put lives on the line in the first place.

#23     Nov 11, 2010
  4. Shorty,

Just tell the mod to delete that post, your groveling is making me want to upchuck the slice of beef I had down at the VFW. BTW, this old War Vet totally agrees with your post. Make those bastard's Kids fight on the front line of any war that doesn't involve Armies at our borders

:cool:

#24     Nov 11, 2010
  5. HEAR HEAR!!

AMEN BROTHER!

Rennick
    US Navy ret.:cool:

#25     Nov 11, 2010
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Amen to that!

#26     Nov 11, 2010
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

That's the problem. There's a lot of riff-raff like this guy in the military that did (and still do) despicable things overseas. They get "honored" for what...shooting puppies in Iraq or raping 14-year old SE Asian girls sold into prostitution?

For the record, I "served" every bit as much as this clown, and most of the folks were decent, if not misguided in their belief that they were doing something great. However, being stationed in Japan or Germany isn't "defending" anyone in the U.S.

#27     Nov 11, 2010
  8. lindq

lindq

That's baloney. If you were in an armored battalion in Germany or flying missions to Iraq from Yokota in Japan, you'd feel differently.

And for every half-ass noncom who makes headlines with his stupidity, there are a thousand who are in rehab with missing arms and legs who you will never read about.

There isn't anyone in uniform who can't suddenly find themselves in harms way because of those famous last words: "Transferred due to needs of the service."

(Or, in many cases, transferred due to the stupidy of your political leadership. If in doubt, ask anyone who was in the National Guard the day Bush decided he wanted to invade Iraq.)

#28     Nov 11, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Hate to see this thread go the way of argument. How about this? I had that Applebee's bacon cheeseburger, fries, and enough diet cokes to put Forrest Gump to shame!:D

I'm STILL feeling it this morning too! Suit doesn't want to fit too well. Help! Lol!

(In the movie, I think he was drinking Dr. Pepper, which Applebee's didn't have last night.)

#29     Nov 12, 2010