Today is Friday the 13th

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Jul 13, 2007.

1. I didn't read what you wrote because you're an idiot who wouldn't work a day job if he didn't HAVE TO and you stated that you trade because of the excitement of seeing numbers flashing on the screen and the sheer thrill and rush of it. I rest my case digit fucker. :D

#41     Jul 16, 2007
  2. No worries, as long as you clarified your thought. I work not because I have to, but because I enjoy my job. Trading would only take a few hours of the day and I would be bored the rest. At my job, I can trade during lulls, etc. So why not take the extra 100+ a year from my salary? Let's also not discount the fact that medical, dental, vision, etc...bennies are nice. And the company 401k match.

#42     Jul 16, 2007
  3. My comment was directly aimed at a guy who speaks of his passion for trading yet seems horrible at it. It wasn't meant to insult those that like their job and apparently don't feel the need to be in front of the computer the way michaelscott does being entertained by flashing numbers and lines on a screen.

Cheers. :D

#43     Jul 16, 2007
  4. *************************************************
    Quote from SiSePuede!:

Why not? If you're such a great trader you should be able to work ONLY trading in my opinion. I really don't mean to offend you as you're one of the few posters on this board who I have respect for. But if you can't trade and generate enough profit to grow your trading base and put money away in the bank then you shouldn't be doing what michaelscott is doing and tell people how stupid they are and yada yada yada.

My point was that someone who has to work a day job, as michaelscott clearly does, has no room to lecture about other people's positions.

Hope you don't take too much offense as none was meant to someone or to mean that they couldn't trade.

This is a very ignorant post.

You dont know me, you dont know my situation. You just get on a message board and make a broad-based assumption using your own messed up logic and then think thats the way it should be. (By the way, Im still trying to figure out why you insist on using the slogan of a Latin American workers group as a handle when your not even Latin!!!)

What if someone decided to be a NY cop or a NY fireman as a show of patriotism and still decides to trade on the side? What if someone enjoys being a doctor, lawyer or businessman? What if someone just likes going to work because they like the stability and sure-thing of a bi-weekly paycheck? What if someone has kids and wants to make sure they have a sure thing?

The market is also a very unpredictable place where anything can happen at anytime. Even though the last few years have been good, you never know when it will turn on you. You never know when things will go wrong. I may not be the only person I have to support.

If someone likes having a job, I dont think they should criticized for their decision. Its better then being someone like yourself who sits at home with his mom driving around an old Crown Vic Police Interceptor that he got at the auction for 2 grand. Whooops. Im making a broad based assumptions now.

Well, Im not making an assumption by thinking and believing that you are one ignorant bigot and yes, you are really stupid. Idiot.

By the way, what is it with the Latin American worker group handle when your not Latin? Do you have something against Latin people? Bigot.

#44     Jul 16, 2007
  5. You have consistently said how much trading is to you, how others don't understand how amazing trading is, etc. If you're so fucking passionate about it and don't do it full time it likely means that you can't because you can't afford to do so. So what? I'm just making the point that your repetitive lines about all of your short positions, what you know the market is doing, etc. is tiresome and you are almost always wrong and the fact that you work a day job even though you're clearly infatuated with "being" a trader haven't been successful.

The fact that you choose to ignore people who ask you about your shorts on MA, RIMM, AAPL, and many others while pretending that you know what's going on is fucking pathetic. It's time for you to man up for once and admit you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and that you can't trade full time because you don't make enough money trading to support yourself(and whoever else you have to support) even though you would clearly jump at the chance to sit in front of the computer all day proving how right you are.

Also, when you tell others you're not posting anymore because the market is about to open and "real traders" have things to watch, is that when you get on the phones and start cold-calling people trying to sell them insurance or whatever it is you have to do to support your losing positions?! :confused:

You love to point fingers and then play the victim when someone points out what an idiot you are. You're completely full of shit and it's high time you just fess up and admit you're full of shit.

How are your AAPL, RIMM, and MA shorts doing now Dwight Schrutte?! :confused:

#45     Jul 16, 2007
  6. How did you do shorting?

#46     Jul 16, 2007
  7. Im up today across the board.

The pattern prevailing is one where only a few stocks are leading the way while the others are either chopping or on the downtrend. Only 50% of the stocks listed on the Nasdaq are above their 50 day moving average.

I have a few different strategies and patterns that I have noticed.

Steve Tvardek's post about his going to Prague is telling. All the successful protraders are going on vacation now and the market will churn.

The first strategy involves medium-long term puts

The second strategy involves daytrade shorts.

The mid-term/long-term puts involves quite a few stocks over a broad range. I have held long-dated puts on the likes of KBHome, Lennar and Pulte for a sometime now. In the last few weeks its now been getting really good.

I cashed out my puts on NTAP today. When RACK dived, I figured that NTAP would be sure to follow. It did and I wanted to hold the puts for maximum value. Now I believe I have achieved as high as it will go. Next month is usually bullish for both NTAP and RACK.

The daytrade shorts involves stocks with recent bad news like an analyst downgrade.

#47     Jul 16, 2007
  8. So your guess is that Steve is going on vacation so the markets will churn and wait for him while he's gone? Wouldn't churning be bad for someone who is bearish about the markets?!

How are your AAPL, RIMM, BIDU, and MA short positions doing dummy?! :confused:

#48     Jul 16, 2007
  9. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NHQSE.X

This, by far, was THE BEST play of the day. Im cashing out my puts right now.

These Barron's articles have destroyed stocks like JSDA and BRLC. I love Barron's!

#49     Jul 16, 2007
  10. You've nailed him so he won't answer, and if he does answer it will be a lie.

Michael give it up. You reinvent your investing philosophy every three days. You continue to tell others what fools they are with your "deer in the headlights" crap, but WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE A LOSER!!!

#50     Jul 16, 2007