Today is Friday the 13th

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Joab

Joab

I officially nominate this as:

The most intelligent post on ET ever.

#11     Jul 13, 2007
  2. Tums

Tums

That's because he has no money to trade.

#12     Jul 13, 2007
  3. Well, Mikey, it would appear that those bad numbers in Retail Sales mean nothing. As we discussed yesterday, logic has nothing to do with it. Market wants up. Up it will get.

#13     Jul 13, 2007
  4. It looks like any down day is a buying opportunity. Just like the late 90s leading into the bubble. The Fed printing so much money and they have no way to go except into the stock market.

#14     Jul 13, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

i love it....:D

#15     Jul 13, 2007
  6. Joab

Joab

And the "Market" would be ???

I love it when people refer to an auction like 5 guys sitting in a back room planning a bank heist.

Ya gotta love this place, it's entertaining as hell. :D :D :D

#16     Jul 13, 2007
  7. I have made good money SHORTING the market today. I was a bit nervous with my Radioshack short until today. I was even considering covering my position the last few days, but now Bank of America has confirmed what I have believed strongly all along. Radioshack sucks, thats what I strongly believe.

My other shorts are doing fine like MOT, BRLC, a few random homebuilders and CC.

#18     Jul 13, 2007
  8. Bullshit. Total bullshit man. How are you making money on homebuilders today when they're all up on the rumor that Buffet is buying into HOV? :confused:

#19     Jul 13, 2007
  9. Don't put words in my mouth, or believe you know - for one moment - what I mean.

When I say the "market wants to go up", I mean the beast that is abstract. The ocean of investors that happen to be leaning one way or another. The sentiment..whatever you want.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

#20     Jul 13, 2007