Today a Line in the Sand for Markets?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by achilles28, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I see a triangle with a steeper downslope than upslope. Could break either way, but given the differences in slopes, higher probability for break downwards.

#41     Oct 20, 2008
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Inflation will eventually lift the US market, however in twenty years, in real terms, you will be at zero or negative if you invest solely in the US market. Future gains in real terms lie elsewhere. Just as the Roman empire, and the Soviet Union did, the US has crossed over the Rubicon, and no amount of effort or brilliant leadership can return it to the safe shore. However do not worry, it will take generations for the US to join the ash heap of failed nations. We will all be dead before that happens. :) In the meantime be happy, relax, watch a a football game, and cheer as your brave men and women go off to kill people they don't know in some far off land, because they are dangerous people who threaten our American way of life.

#42     Oct 20, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

That's exactly the attitude of the "borrow and spend everything now" politicos... much to their shame.. and why the future of our kids and grandkids is grim. :mad:

#43     Oct 20, 2008
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Precisely!

#44     Oct 20, 2008
  5. That is one hell of a priority system you have there. Your kids must be real winners. Your view of defending our way of life is awfully skewed as well. Either too much TV, too little capital gains, or both.

#45     Oct 20, 2008
  6. piezoe

piezoe

There is no "incorrect" response to my post. Each should interpret it as they they see fit.

#46     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Dow 14,000 next year.No economic fundamental difference between now and 2007. NO negative GDP, no slowdown in consumer spending. Huge consumer debt, tonso f credit card spending. Wages and productivity keep rising. Home ownership at record highs. Tons of exports.

I know how the market works. I know how economics works. if you doubt me now you always have the option of covering when the dow crosses 11,000 in aa few weeks or so.

There are no more shoes to drop. if they do drop the downside in market will be limited.

The new era is still here. Globalism ,spendism, hypercapitalism, consumerism, paymentism.Web 2.0 is no bubble. We need to invade iran to get the dollar lower and commodities higher.

#47     Oct 20, 2008