Today a Line in the Sand for Markets?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by achilles28, Oct 15, 2008.

1. =================
    Agree with a lot of that,A28;
    but didnt hear any ''talks of a new bull'', in stock market anyway.:D

Long term investors like mr Buffet[buying some GS] does not seem to mind all the lows,lower lows, lower closes.

Most of the media as Dave Ramsey points out, has been wrong on the ''recession'', but he does like selling in tough times.:cool:

#11     Oct 15, 2008

2. well

I don't know for sure if we are going much lower... although it seems reasonable that we go lower. Either way I don't see us -breaking- the recent lows although we might re-test!

#12     Oct 15, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

LOL... How'd you know The Crying Game is one of my favs?

Kudlow said 5000? Dang, what got into him?

I think we'll be fortunate to ultimately hold 5000.. :(

#13     Oct 15, 2008
  4. CNBC has a clock running down towards 7PM with "Paulson Live" under it. Is the hobo going to speak again?

#14     Oct 15, 2008
  5. lol

#15     Oct 15, 2008
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Agree 100%.

How can the Worlds biggest economies print 10, 20, 30% of their GDP, inject it straight into the economy without blowback inflation eventually wreaking havoc?

Japan did it - 0% rates AND deflation. My best guess - Japanese consumers and business locked-in Real Estate Debt (home loans, or home equity) at bubble top, then market crashed and inflated debt had to get paid back with pre-Bubble Wages.

This meant everyone cut back, saved more, spent far less = drop in GDP and deflation. Even at 0%. Because all their debt was incurred at or around 0%, further reductions in interest did little or nothing to offset that massive debt load.

As they say, history repeats, but never exactly.

What will the fallout be on the Global Economy economy if everyone inflates and cuts back at the same time?

Eventually, all that cash will find another nascent bubble once the consumer recoups their wallet.

#16     Oct 15, 2008
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Where are u long from?

#17     Oct 15, 2008
  8. new$

new$

Hey, I got an idea- why don't we kick in another 4 TRIL ??

:D :D :D

#18     Oct 15, 2008
  9. achilles28

achilles28

I probably spend too much time here. ET's permabulls beat their chest after mondays close.... :)

Warrens bottom fishing definitely holds weight. But is Goldman stock indicative of the overall market or an investment "blue chip" that can better weather the ups and downs?

Take the Nikkei for example. Down 75% since 1990.

Asset over-valuation has been priced in for the last 17 years. I can't help to think we hit 1995 levels if this thing goes parabolic.

#19     Oct 15, 2008
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Marc Faber says US bailout could end up as high as 5 Trillion, alone.

#20     Oct 15, 2008