Toby Crable

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by man, Nov 26, 2002.

1. man

man

Did anybody try to apply crable's work to the stock markets? is there material on intraday patterns available on the net? is anybody interested to start some joint research in that field?

peace

2. Ditch

Ditch

It seems to me there's a lot of hype going on about this guy. His ideas are already quite known. After a NR7 or ID/NR4 look for a break-out and play the opening range break-out, i.e. first 30 min. That's basically it. An adaption of one of his other other ideas can be found in Street Smarts.

3. man

man

Ditch,
    you are right with the hype. and most of the material is from the eighties, designed for futures. nevertheless, I want to get a bunch of valid statistics (and their change in the course of time) on some of these rather simple patterns and put some other things on top of that.
    An interesting thing for example is how know how spreads among stocks. i think very active daytraders will quickly adopt most of material going public. that will make the top twenty liquid stocks rather efficient for that kind of know how, but it might not do so immediately for the less liquid stocks.
    From that perspective I assume that standard know how without retraining-relearning will fail at toptwenty.

other thing. street smarts was published 1996, do you feel it is still valid?

peace

4. Ditch

Ditch

I've goot the book, most patterns don't work at all (any more). the only one that still has some value is the Anti imo.

5. just21

just21

Get hold of a copy of Robert Miners stock report from www.dynamictraders.com . It has lists of stocks with what NR pattern has triggered and the buy/sell figures. I would copy a table here but it is a pdf and you cannot drag and copy over the data.

6. man

man

thanks for the robert miner site, i will check this out.

Ditch,
    i was afraid you would say exactly that. markets move and become more efficient and these normal patterns might already be too obvious to play, since nobody trades who cannot check these systems.
    actually this is okay, you just have to work on the next thing, which is not already published the street up and down and backwards again.

peace

7. Ditch

Ditch

basically her ideas about tests, climaxes and retracemets are still valid, but you have to adapt these ideas to current conditions, i.e. a tick reading of 1000 is pretty common nowadays, shorting would get you bankrupt. however lower consecutive tick highs above 1000 might get you somewhere.

8. shyhh

shyhh

i have created 2 ShowMe Indicator for Tradestation based on information presented in the TA magazine articles.

Feel free to use them :)

---------------------

Vars: NR0(0), NR1(0), NR2(0), NR3(0), NR4(0), NR5(0), NR6(0);

NR0 = H - L;
    NR1 = H[1] - L[1];
    NR2 = H[2] - L[2];
    NR3 = H[3] - L[3];
    NR4 = H[4] - L[4];
    NR5 = H[5] - L[5];
    NR6 = H[6] - L[6];

if MinList(NR0, NR1, NR2, NR3, NR4, NR5, NR6) = NR0 then
    begin