To what extent is QE3 already priced in to the market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spanish89, Aug 22, 2011.

To what extent is QE3 already priced in to the market?

1. Not yet, and so market going to rally 5-6% over next few days in anticipation.

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Already priced in, so market going to fall more over next few days.

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. I think QE3 is priced into the bond market but not much in the equities market. That being said, I hope they don't do anything since there isn't anything they can do. It's like pushing on a string.

#21     Aug 25, 2011
  2. Visaria

Visaria

I no longer believe there will be a QE3 announcement tomorrow.

#22     Aug 25, 2011
  3. Jackson Hole intra day cycle reverts to bearish after spike.

#23     Aug 25, 2011
  4. The survey needs a few more obvious choices for those that believe there will be no QE3 and that there'll be no rally.

#24     Aug 25, 2011
  5. dtan1e

dtan1e

what is 50% priced in due to the 50% that believe there will be QE and vice versa?

#25     Aug 25, 2011
  6. baro-san

baro-san

QE3 would be a mistake.
    You see that people discuss if there'll be a QE3 or not; they don't discuss its effectiveness because everybody already knows that those guys up there don't have a clue.

#26     Aug 25, 2011
  7. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Someone please explain, because I have not discovered this answer in this thread yet,

How on God's green earth can Uncle Benny NOT do something that will help the markets? Is he really going to say no QE or anything else, and ya'll have to suck it up!? It's frankly not out of the question that Buffet's buy in BAC could be fed money with a Hathaway brand on it, and with Obama getting creative (finally) with jobs and big corporations, it seems as though it is INEVITABLE Ben will conjure up something that will rightfully help the markets, and make a rally on Monday.

#27     Aug 25, 2011
  8. Right, the "help the markets" has only happened when they torpedo the dollar. The dollar declines, oil prices sky, commodity prices sky and inflation kicks into high gear. The whole asset inflation scam has only gotten legs when they've started with a "relatively" stronger dollar. At this juncture, breaking the back of the dollar and with all the debt that has to be rolled constantly over, you get the picture.

A rock and a hard place doesn't do it justice.

#28     Aug 25, 2011
  9. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Declaring more money may be insane, but really, Bernanke is going to say something that will make the markets go down?

Shorted VIX futures. Maybe I'll bite the dust once and for all.

#29     Aug 26, 2011
  10. USD selling returns which may be equity bullish.
    Markets remain choppy.
    More frequent updates at blog - stockmarket618.wordpress.com

#30     Aug 26, 2011