To Traders who are actually profitable

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sky123987, Feb 4, 2010.

1. So you can just sleep all day or go to the pub and your system just trades and makes money for you!??
    sweet! I think ill have to learn how to program.

#11     Feb 5, 2010
  2. In a week... quite unlikely as there is quite a lot of subjectivity in my trading. Unless that person already went thru years of markets, up, down, high&low volatility, etc...

Now depending on that person's mental skills and/or willingness to acquire the proper ones - discipline, ability to stay objective under stressful conditions, ... - it might take another month, half year or half a dozen years to be able to execute the plan. Or most probably he/she might never be able to get to that point.

#12     Feb 5, 2010
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

No.

Each IQ pt above average (100) adds a minimum of 4 months to the mastery of trading. Add to that a big ego and you're in the "99% failure" club.

#13     Feb 5, 2010
  4. No, I don't sleep all day. I am a software engineer and only trading with $220K. This year, I'm hoping to hit $130K in profitability, but I still won't quit my normal job until I'm banking a consistent $250K to $300K on trading profits year over year. So, I still have several years to go and who knows what will even happen in that time. They may end up passing that stupid transaction tax and render my system useless over night.

So, in the mean-time (while I still work), I'm trying to learn other techniques and methodologies.

Also, throughout the period of getting my system 100% automated, I was constantly watching it like a hawk. I had to fix bugs and tweak/hone constantly. It was a pretty awesome, fascinating and VERY stressful time for me.

Jason

#14     Feb 5, 2010
  5. Interesting... Sounds very similar to what I'm doing.

Jason

#15     Feb 5, 2010
  6. Conceptually, yes but the application of it correctly and consistently would take far longer.

#16     Feb 5, 2010
  7. Thats funny. It takes 3-5 years to become a junior structural steel draftsmen, (even with college) but people think they can get rich immediately in the trading business.

Cannon Fodder.

#17     Feb 5, 2010
  8. GG1972

GG1972

obviously you dont know what I was talking about :D

#18     Feb 5, 2010
  9. O.P PM me, I'll share some things with you FREE. OMG did he say "Free" here on E.T!? Ya I did. Just passing along the kindness.

Kon

#19     Feb 5, 2010
  10. No.

#20     Feb 5, 2010