to those that bought the spike today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 3, 2003.

1. hey there. Sure you're right, Natalie. It still seems like it is a fight every day. I guess that's the whole point, fighting that tendency to take the easy way. Oh, yeah, that was a fine bit of trading the other day during the spike. I'm glad you came forward and shared that with us. I suspected you are an analytic person when I read that first market internals post of yours in chat. It is always a pleasant surprise to find a woman trader.

Big toothy grin,

Bruce

#141     Jul 5, 2003

2. ????? Which post was that? (Sorry I've written so many now I can't remember which one...)

Natalie

#142     Jul 5, 2003
  3. I am foggy on the details...let's see you posted something about advancing versus declining volume and its pace being different for the hour than the previous day's. I asked if you had worked up your own study on it or had taken it from a web page. I asked that because I had only seen one web page ever with that info and it was not a well-trafficked site. And I had never worked up pace figures on my own. The guy that did it is a stock trader in Pennsylvania and the web-based implementation was done by another web-savvy trader in Milwaukee, WI. Anyway, long story short, that was why.

Bruce

#143     Jul 5, 2003

4. Aha! - Yes - I remember...

:)

Natalie

#144     Jul 5, 2003
  5. natalie, darlin'....you didn't answer me then and you haven't answered me now...lol

Bruce

c ya:p

#145     Jul 5, 2003
  6. Answer what? I don't understand the question? Please pm it to me and I'll try to answer as best I can...

Natalie:confused:

#146     Jul 5, 2003
  7. I must defend dphoenix. I do not always agree with what he says, but I think that his criticism is healthy and to the point more often than not. You started really nicely on this board and I do hope that you will not turn into yet another grouppie because that would be really sad. Plus, we have already enough grouppies on this board, while independently thinking people like dphoenix are still in shortage.

That's it from me for today and most likely many more days to come. I must say that the more time I spend away from this board the better my trading is. I suggest that others see if they cannot find a similar correlation.

#147     Jul 5, 2003
  8. Okay, great. Thank you.

Bruce:)

#148     Jul 5, 2003
  9. Yes.

I do my best trading when the quotes are lagged, there is bedlam in all the pits , extreme multi point moves in less than 5 seconds, total uncertainty as to cause, and impossible to manage stops.

Just like the rest of ya.

#149     Jul 6, 2003
  10. Just so well put...

#150     Jul 6, 2003