To Qcharts Users: Who do you use for a backup charting and datafeed?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by InTheZone, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Hi,

I'm looking for a backup to Qcharts and am hoping you can suggest a good alternative.

I've been using Qcharts the past few years due to their relative low cost, good charting capability, and the ability to link Excel to the Qcharts/Qfeed data stream.

I'm looking for a backup during those times that Qcharts/Qfeed goes down.

Any suggestions?

The most interesting alternative I've found so far is TradeStation 6 because it only costs $100 a month if you open a brokerage account with them. I haven't found any charting/data feed package with a price as low as Qcharts though.

Any thoughts you may have on a quality charting/data feed provider, or on TradeStation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-- ITZ.

2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

3. InTheZone -

Take a look at myTrack and DTN.iq as possible backups. Prices are reasonable without having to pay for a whole year up front like eSignal does in order to get their pricing competitive.

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

according to Qchart people livechart is kept on different server so they shouldn't come down at the same time.

5. Hi eSignal,

I looked over your pages. Thanks for the post.

eSignal has certainly become more competitive with pricing relative to a couple years ago.

Do you offer any special deals for low usage subscribers?

I would use eSignal only for backup purposes and not on a daily basis. There may be some months where I wouldn't even use it.

Right now I am leaning toward TradeStation as it solves my problem of having a backup broker to IB as well as having a backup charting/datafeed, for a total cost of $100 a month.

As you may have seen in my posting in the retail brokerage forum, I'm looking for a low-cost direct access broker to back up IB.

If I go with eSignal as currently priced, I'll spend about $100 a month on the monthly plan, plus I'll have to pay the monthly fee of the direct access broker. That'll be more expensive than the TradeStation package.

Thanks.

-- ITZ

6. ArchAngel, thanks for your suggestion.

DTN.iq looks good: it's relatively cheap, has charting capability.

-- ITZ

7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

InTheZone,

As with most of the services out there, our pricing is a fixed rate per month, regardless of usage. You can go month-to-month, our rates are quite competitive and we do offer a 30 day trial to test us out. Visit our site or give our Sales group a call if your interested.

For our US office, please call (800) 815-8256
    In Europe, call +44 (0)20 7825 8770.

Good luck on your search.

Thanks,