To make us feel better, billionaire proves they can be idiots too

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pekelo, Sep 1, 2019.

1. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I am pretty sure about these facts, but If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Phillips invented the CD, but Sony mass-produced out and sold more than anyone when the technology started being widespread. Netscape created the first eCommerce transaction (SSL), and Amazon crushed it and still does until today. Cars were mass-produced in the USA, and Europeans and Japanese made it more fuel and size efficient. Xerox invented Xerox Machine, and the years later Toshiba and Canon have surpassed them in sales for the same technology. Motorola developed the first handheld mobile phone, then Blackberry ruled the market for a while, and now it's Apple and Android devices.

You don't always have to be the first to make things better. Copying and improving is the way of the world when it comes to innovations.

#41     Sep 1, 2019
    ironchef and volpri like this.
  2. volpri

volpri

LOL LOVE IT. Nobody beats China wall building. Can’t even copy it. LOL

#42     Sep 1, 2019
  3. volpri

volpri

Somebody had to do it to educate you LOL. Maybe your fingers where just too tired to google?? Perhaps a cup of chinese tea and a little acupuncture will fix you right up?

#43     Sep 1, 2019
  4. volpri

volpri

Bingo. They smarter than USA. WE can’t even block the illegals from coming in...Lol

#44     Sep 1, 2019
  5. volpri

volpri

Pretty common behaviour for many countries wouldn't you say?

#45     Sep 1, 2019
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I happen to read a lot about publically traded companies, and I do not have a specific bias being pro or anti-China.

I do not know the history of each company in China, but in the case of eBay, there were many operational mistakes. For example, eBay in China kept replacing their executives with USA and European personnel that did not speak Chinese. Also, eBay used PayPal for payment processing when most Chinese business could not process Credit Cards. This is just my personal opinion, but the Chinese did not understand the Auction system at all and they are used to negotiate a price not bid for it. If you look at Jack Ma's old company TaoBao, the auction mechanism was just a small percentage (high single digits I believe) of their sales.

#46     Sep 1, 2019
  7. volpri

volpri

Yeah but the chinese beat em. The way Clemson beat beat Georgia Tech 52 to 14. The way Bama beat Duke 42-3 yesterday. Bama’s been so many times to the Whitehouse (cause they have a high win ratio the most important metric..LOL) that Obama may have thought Oh bama here you come again.....

#47     Sep 1, 2019
  8. There is a huge difference between stealing vs paying royalties or licensing fees for IP. Sounds like you are hugely conflating the two concepts. Anyone who makes lots of money is justified in your eyes, regardless of how that money was obtained? I rather stay as far away from your services as possible. I prefer to not have my algorithm mass produced by you or your firm.

#48     Sep 1, 2019
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Know why Chinese kids hate American Football?
    They're forced to make them 20 hours/day.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    #49     Sep 1, 2019
    athlonmank8 and volpri like this.
  10. Will you for a second stop to behave as if you are retarded? You know perfectly well that in a functioning democracy with a great level of autonomy and freedom there is often times opposition that slows things down. That is how democracies work. Every dictator can sign a decree and have it executed and anyone who opposes it will be shot on the spot. Stop behaving like a child and grow a pair, I don't think you are dumb, you just pretend to be ignorant to the fact that nothing is perfect and each system comes with its drawbacks. The US wall would have been there long time ago was it not blocked by the opposition in the house.

#50     Sep 1, 2019