To make us feel better, billionaire proves they can be idiots too

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pekelo, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am talking about Jack Ma, not Elon (well, at least not here):

Long discussion on the topic:

Here is the full video:

(time stamped when Elon is schooling Ma):

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    ElectricSavant, Nobert and themickey like this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

This is how you throw a company's annual party!:

GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  3. Nobert

Nobert

Well...
    Screenshot (424).png

4. Fuck those self absorbed, poor in spirit and empathy, assholes. They sit there in their cozy little chairs, they have the tremendous opportunity to really do good on the scale nobody else can yet they chat about bullshit and worthless stuff, helping nobody else. What a bunch of cunts. I am absolutely convinced that they will ultimately be held accountable to much more stringent standards than most of us: "what have you done good with all the resources I have given you?"

athlonmank8, ElCubano and Simples like this.
  5. Edmond

Edmond

^^^^⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

vanzandt and athlonmank8 like this.
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Jack Ma is one of the most brilliant individuals that are out there. To isolate his sentence in a vacuum is somewhat limiting when you are trying to study someone. Ali Baba is not only a success story financially, but also in terms of how they reshaped the concept of customer service.

He started Alibaba in an apartment with friends and still holds the record for the world's largest IPO: $25Billion. I highly suggest reading Alibaba: The House That Jack Ma Built.

This video just a bit more justice to his business views:

ffs1001 and murray t turtle like this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

He had to try the Chinese university entry exam 4 times. He tried to get into Harvard business school 10 times. Doesn't sound like the most brilliant ever. Not to mention a really smart guy recognizes when he is out of his element. He even says it in the video: "I am not a tech guy."

Well, maybe then he shouldn't express his opinion on tech.

By the way Apple and Amazon both started in a garage too.

Do you like his 996 theory of working too? (9 to 9, 6 times a week)

Nobert likes this.
  8. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Maybe he should not.

Quite often, the most successful leaders surround themselves with people who are way smarter than them. It wasn't Steve Jobs who created the interface and design for his products, and I am sure that it wasn't Bezos who taught of every step when taking an online book store to all product comprehensive e-commerce site.

I do not "adore" Jack Ma, but I do look at success elements of his success that made him what he is.

No.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is another millionaire and great thinker (mentioned by many people in the reddit thread), will.i.am:

“It tires me to talk to rich men. You expect a man of millions, the head of a great industry, to be a man worth hearing; but as a rule they don't know anything outside their own business.” -Theodore Roosevelt

10. Did Jack Ma start a company or steal one? China doesn't "start" anything.

#10     Sep 1, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.